More than one image to a static entity

Hello everyone. I'm new to Outsystems and I'm developing a web application. My application has an entity called CarGroups, that stores 4 car groups. GroupA, GroupB, etc...  My problem is that I need to store cars images according to the group. Example: Ferrari and Porsche images belongs to GroupB. How can I add cars images into CarGroups entity according to the groups of cars records? Can I add images in the static entity separated by Records? I tried to create another static entity(CarGroupPicture) but couldn't go further...

Hi Daniel Neto,

You can add image to CarGroups entity. By adding attributes with a data type of binary data. Then set the property of an image of the following.

Type = Database

Filename =<Name of the file>  

Attribute = Database attribute with binary data

Daniel Neto wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm new to Outsystems and I'm developing a web application. My application has an entity called CarGroups, that stores 4 car groups. GroupA, GroupB, etc...  My problem is that I need to store cars images according to the group. Example: Ferrari and Porsche images belongs to GroupB. How can I add cars images into CarGroups entity according to the groups of cars records? Can I add images in the static entity separated by Records? I tried to create another static entity(CarGroupPicture) but couldn't go further...

Hi Daniel,

If I understand your situation correctly you have 4 car groups each with their own pictures and each picture can only be part of 1 group? If this is the case the following setup should be enough:

If a picture can be part of multiple groups an intermediary tabel is required:

Hope this helps!

Glenn

Solution

Daniel Neto wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Here's my suggestion:

1. Create the static entity CarGroup (you already did that);

2. Import the Car Group pictures you want to your module (notice the Runtime Path attribute):

3. Create a new static entity named CarGroupPicture, adding 2 entity attributes: PictureURL and CarGroupId:

4. On the records of this static entity, fill in the Runtime Path of the picture you adding, and also the CarGroupId related to that picture;

5. On you webscreen, add an Image widget and set it up like this:

6. As an alternative, use a List Records widget, having the above mentioned static entities as a source, with an image widget per record, where the URL will be something like <list_records_id>.List.Current.CarGroupPicture.PictureURL.

This is just a suggestion, assuming you don't need to update these images often. If you do, then you will need to implement a small back-office screen to manage these images, following Glenn's suggestion above.

Hope this helps you.

Feel free to ping for aditional help.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Solution

John Paul San Vicente wrote:

Hi Daniel Neto,

You can add image to CarGroups entity. By adding attributes with a data type of binary data. Then set the property of an image of the following.

Type = Database

Filename =<Name of the file>  

Attribute = Database attribute with binary data

Thank you for you response, John. It will help me.

Paulo Moreira wrote:

Daniel Neto wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Here's my suggestion:

1. Create the static entity CarGroup (you already did that);

2. Import the Car Group pictures you want to your module (notice the Runtime Path attribute):

3. Create a new static entity named CarGroupPicture, adding 2 entity attributes: PictureURL and CarGroupId:

4. On the records of this static entity, fill in the Runtime Path of the picture you adding, and also the CarGroupId related to that picture;

5. On you webscreen, add an Image widget and set it up like this:

6. As an alternative, use a List Records widget, having the above mentioned static entities as a source, with an image widget per record, where the URL will be something like <list_records_id>.List.Current.CarGroupPicture.PictureURL.

This is just a suggestion, assuming you don't need to update these images often. If you do, then you will need to implement a small back-office screen to manage these images, following Glenn's suggestion above.

Hope this helps you.

Feel free to ping for aditional help.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Thank you for your time, Paulo. It really helped me, problem solved !

glenn michiels wrote:

Daniel Neto wrote:

Hi Daniel,

If I understand your situation correctly you have 4 car groups each with their own pictures and each picture can only be part of 1 group? If this is the case the following setup should be enough:

If a picture can be part of multiple groups an intermediary tabel is required:

Hope this helps!

Glenn

Glenn, thank you for you response. It helped me with the database model.