The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to consume one SSL SOAP service  but I'm having this error in runtime. These are the steps I have done to install the certificate and configure it in the Service Center:

1. Imported the pfx certificate into mmc;
2. Gave permissions to Network_Service and IIS_PWG
3. Exported the .cer certificate
4. Configured the Integration certificate to this new file in Service Center

I followed this post in the community:
 https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9471/configure-and-use-web-service-client-side-certificates/#Post30452

With this I got the error "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.".

I also used the extension ManageSecurityProtocols to manipulate the version on TLS used but the error persists!

In MMC the certificate it's ok and have all chain correct. Any ideas?

Hi Nuno,

It seems that the certificate information you gave is about your client certificate (given that you have a private key). However, the "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" error usually means that there's something wrong with the server certificate, e.g. the certificate is for a different hostname, or otherwise invalid, or not trusted etc. I don't think the error has to do at all with configuring your client certificate, I would've expected a "Remote host closed connection" or the like if that was the problem.

Hi Nuno,

In Service Studio configure the service "Authentication" property to Basic Authenticationand specify user credentials (username and password). These credentials will be used throughout all your infrastructure environments, unless overridden in Service Center.

For more info see: Configure Web Service Authentication

Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca