[Camera.Reactive] Change camera not working on phone/tablet
Question
Forge component by Fábio Fantato Rodrigues

Hi,

When Click on the change camera icon, on IOS (Safari) is keeps showing the front camera.

I also tested this on Android (Chrome) phone and there I had to click 2 times to view the rear camera.

Do you have a solution or workaround for this?

Hi Kevin,

I included this issue in the backlog and I will try to address it soon. 

Thanks

Fabio

Hi Kevin,

I´ve uploaded a new version to fix this. If you had some opportunity, please download this new version and try it again.  

Thanks for your feedback.

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I tested this on IOS with safari and this works fine. 

When I do this on Android I notice I have 2 front camera's and 1 back camera. This explains why I had to click 2 times on the change icon in the previous version.

I have one more small problem on IOS, when I open the camera the first time I receive a  popup to allow access to the camera and when I allow it I only have the front camera.  I think this is a problem in Safari or IOS

A workaround is to configure in safari that access to the camera is always allowed.

Thanks for the update

Kevin

Hi Fabio, 

I have one little problem on Andriod because I only can view an image from the front camera. When I select any of the "facing back" cameras I get "black" screen. (I'm testing on different android mobile with more than 1 back camera)

Do you have a solution or workaround for this? Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same problem with the back cameras

Regards

Screenshot20210414122935.jpg

Hope this version helps you.

Regards

CameraReactiveLibrary.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.