How can I go back to a tab where it open detail creen

Hi,

I am using two tabs in one screen. When i go to second tab, click the record inside,  it is going to detail screen, inside this screen I have cancel button. When i want to go back to the previous screen by clicking cancel. It is taking me to first tab.

I want to go back to second tab. Not first tab. How does it work. Any ideas.

Thanks

Solution

Anusha Pakalapati wrote:

Hi,

I am using two tabs in one screen. When i go to second tab, click the record inside,  it is going to detail screen, inside this screen I have cancel button. When i want to go back to the previous screen by clicking cancel. It is taking me to first tab.

Thanks

Hi Anusha,

You can a non-mandatory Input Parameter to your screen, named ActiveTab, with a default value of Entities.Tabs.Tab1.

On the Tabs widget, set this variable as the Active Tab for the widget.

Afterwards, whenever you want to go back to your screen, just add a Destination element on your screen action, setting which Tab you want to display first, after rendering your screen.

As an example:

1st Navigation to the screen:

No value set for the input parameter ActiveTab; it defaults to Tab1; First Tab is the currently displayed one

While on Tab1, clicking on a button, the screen action has a Navigate element to the current screen:

On the Navigate element, set Entities.Tabs.Tab1 for the input parameter; First Tab is the currently displayed one

While on Tab2, clicking on a button, the screen action has a Navigate element to the current screen:

On the Navigate element, set Entities.Tabs.Tab2 for the input parameter; Second Tab is the currently displayed one

Hope this helps you.

Please let me know if you need further help on this issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Solution

Anusha Pakalapati wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

You can use the event to go back to the previous screen and manipulate in the event handler wich tab you wnat to show

Paulo Moreira wrote: Thank you. It worked fine. 

Anusha Pakalapati wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Anusha,

You can a non-mandatory Input Parameter to your screen, named ActiveTab, with a default value of Entities.Tabs.Tab1.

Afterwards, whenever you want to go back to your screen, just add a Destination element on your screen action, setting which Tab you want to display first, after rendering your screen.

As an example:

No value set for the input parameter ActiveTab; it defaults to Tab1; First Tab is the currently displayed one

While on Tab1, clicking on a button, the screen action has a Navigate element to the current screen:

On the Navigate element, set Entities.Tabs.Tab1 for the input parameter; First Tab is the currently displayed one

While on Tab2, clicking on a button, the screen action has a Navigate element to the current screen:

On the Navigate element, set Entities.Tabs.Tab2 for the input parameter; Second Tab is the currently displayed one

Hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Anusha Pakalapati wrote:

Paulo Moreira wrote: Thank you. It worked fine. 

Anusha Pakalapati wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Anusha,

As an example:

Hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Hi Anusha,

For a better understanding, please find attached to this message a simple test OML, using Tabs in Outsystems 11 and Outsystems UI Web.

It's quite simple and self-explanatory.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira