why does my pagination on the crew part on the detail screen not working

Hello,

Because the cast of a film can be very long I like to use pagination.

So I Implemented it but on some way it does not work as expected. I still see the whole list instead of a part of it. 

Regatds, 

Roelof

Roelof Wobben wrote:

Hello,

Because the cast of a film can be very long I like to use pagination.

So I Implemented it but on some way it does not work as expected. I still see the whole list instead of a part of it. 

Regatds, 

Roelof

Hi Roelof,

Please try restricting the records you are fetching through your aggregate. Here is how you can restrict it to only fetch the required records:

Solution

Hi Roelof,

You are retrieving Crew data from a REST API and store the result in a list. The list is bound to the table. The pagination should not be done on the list that you bind to the table, the list should get the limited result set as based on the pagination.

The REST API that you consume does not support pagination. If it would then you could implement that. But as it doesn't the easiest way to implement pagination is that you cache the crew information in an OutSystems entity locally and then fetch it using an aggregate and bind it to your screen table.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Oke, 

So I can better store all the info I have in a database.
Then I have to think about how to make the associations and so on. I did not wanted that way because it's makimg things very compilicated.  I see that the biggest power of outsystems is when using a database. 

Now I have two assocations. 

A flim has multiple  actors and/or crew.
A actor can play in multiple flims.

I think I need then a very very big assign to make this work.

Roelof

Hi Roelof,

You did the movie database training, so the entity model for your reactive web could be based on that.

Regards,

Daniel

yep. I know

I only have to find a way to make the right assocations. That is why I think it will be a very big assign. 

Roelof

Pity , most things only work when usimg  database. I find it that it takes care that I cannot make things like I want and that is disappointimg 

Well that is what databases are for storing and retrieving data.