USB Debugging for Android device not in Simulator

Hi Techies,

I tried to debug my code via "Android Device" but it shows idle.  If I have to debug via the Android device, what are all the pre-requisites that have to be set? Is any mandatory to install an android studio? Can anyone assist from the scratch setup?

Hello Gurubaran. You're probably missing some step. Check this link, I believe it will help you on the issue you're getting.

To test a mobile app on an Android device:

1. In your device turn USB debugging ON.
  2. Connect your mobile device to the PC through a USB cable.
  3. In your device allow PC for debugging on the device.

Tiago Gomes wrote:

Hello Gurubaran. You're probably missing some step. Check this link, I believe it will help you on the error you're getting.

To test a mobile app on an Android device:

1. In your device turn USB debugging ON.
  2. Connect your mobile device to the PC through a USB cable.
  3. In your device allow PC for debugging on the device.

Hi Tiago,

I installed those setup whatever shared in Outsystems documentation. But it shows idle response in debugger.

HI,

Doy you have some antivirus or firewall actived on your machine?

Leandro Correa wrote:

HI,

Doy you have some antivirus or firewall actived on your machine?

No

While I tried in my Personal environment it works fine. But in my Client development Server is not working even though "Debug mode" is enabled in Environment configuration(Service center). As well as Client-server Simulator also working well. Can you anyone help out with this issue?

Hi, Gurubaran

It is possible that your device is not being recognized when attempting to use USB debugger. Android Studio could help you identify the problem or reset your connection. Try using the Connecton Assistant from menu Tools and troubleshoot your connection issues by rescaning your devices. You might see a popup that was not displaying before, for access permission by your computer to your mobile device. And this is probably what is missing and is not being triggered.

Let me know if this helps,

Sam