Concerning with Filter using like with "%" and "_"

Hello 

I like to confirm one thing ,Is it possible to use "_" underbar in the filter of "like" search.Basically we use "%".

If somebody knows the explanation of document relating to my question on Outsystems web, please let me know.

Thank you in ahead.

EiMon

Hi EiMon,

I am not sure I understand your question properly. In your example, are you asking if it would work if the Session.Schools_SearchKeyword had the value of "_" . ?  Or are you asking something else?  Have you tried it? If so, what have you tried and what were the results.

Thanks

Stacey

Hi Eimon,

You can use "_" with the Like. However, in this context, what is your main goal?

In that situation, if you want to search something named "Car", in order for the filter to work you need to provide "ar" in Var10.

Best Regards,

João Delgado

Stacey Levine wrote:

Hi EiMon,

I am not sure I understand your question properly. In your example, are you asking if it would work if the Session.Schools_SearchKeyword had the value of "_" . ?  Or are you asking something else?  Have you tried it? If so, what have you tried and what were the results.

Thanks

Stacey

Hi Stacey Levine

Thank you for answering my question and sorry my question was not quite clear.
I did not know all  WildCard<%,_> Characters related to the DB.
I tested all the characters and it works well. 

Thank you so much. 

João Delgado wrote:

Hi Eimon,

You can use "_" with the Like. However, in this context, what is your main goal?

In that situation, if you want to search something named "Car", in order for the filter to work you need to provide "ar" in Var10.

Best Regards,

João Delgado

Hi João Delgado

Thank you for usage of "_" and usage of it. My question was quite unclear, sorry for that.

I did not know all  WildCard<%,_> Characters related to the DB.
I tested all the characters and it works well. 

Thank you so much. 

Hello Eimon,

Do you mean if in case your search string also contains either "%" or "_" character?

Have you tried enclosing them to [], i.e. "[%]", "[_]"?

Hope this helps!

- Emman