Is Successful and failed login information by IP or username stored in the Outsystems Database?   We are looking to automate a daily report for users that successfully logged in over a certain threshold.   (lets say 50 times in a day)

Or Users/IPs that failed to login over a set threshold.   We can automate the daily reporting/emails via splunk, but we need to find a DB table that houses this information.    Any ideas?

Hi,

If you are using the users module as provider then it has a entity called LoginAttempt which stores the information regarding login attempt but this is a private entity to users module.

Regards.

Prasad Rao wrote:

Hi,

If you are using the users module as provider then it has a entity called LoginAttempt which stores the information regarding login attempt but this is a private entity to users module.

Regards.

We are using the users module, but I need to access the data directly from the Outsystems database table.     I'm having trouble finding it there.

Solution

Hi Josh,

Check the attached OML for example.

Regards.

Solution

Prasad Rao wrote:

Hi Josh,

Regards.

Perfect, thanks Prasad!

Prasad Rao wrote:

Hi Josh,

Regards.

One additional question.   Right now we have a single application running on the OS platform, but in the future if we have many applications how do we know which login attempts are tied to each application?   If all of the data is stored in the [OutSystems_Prod_Platform].[dbo].[OSUSR_6WD_LOGINATTEMPT] table?   I don't see any specification that indicates which espace the login attempt is tied to.

Hello Josh,

LoginAttempt is generic and it does not have application or module details, the reason being user can first login to Application1 but if he moves to Application2 it doesn't ask for login, it continues with session (assuming Application1 and 2 both have user provider as users module).

Regards.

That’s what I was afraid off.   For our use case application 1 and 2 will be entirely different audiences.   (Although some may cross over)

So is a user logs into app 1 but not 2, we would want to disable them for 2 and leave access to 1.   We will have to come up with custom login/logout tables to track user activity on each I think....but I’m not sure how to get access to the users IP address.  I believe SilkUI has a component for that, But we don’t have SilkUI installed.

Hi Josh,

GetIP action is part of HTTPRequestHandler extension. you can use that to get the IP address.

Regards.

Thanks!