popup_infoballoon + PDF

popup_infoballoon + PDF

Hi,

I'm trying to embeed a pdf from a database binary field in a popup_infobaloon.

The technology works fine using the image widget linked to the database field, but only works for images.

As for the PDF I've used a different web screen than the one used in the images.
It has a query to get the binary and then the download component to, but it either gives a not found error in the acrobat reader or it downloads it to the client. This is related to the save to disk option

I don't want the user to have to download the file to the desktop, instead I want it to view the pdf contents inside popup_infobaloon or another similar widget.

What is the best approach to solve this issue?

Thanks
Regards
Nuno Azevedo
Hi.

You should use the download just like you did but you must fetch the binary data from your database. With the option "save to disk" set to 'No'.
Be aware that you should configure the Adobe Reader Web Browser Integration so that the file displays correctly.

See attached file.

Best regards,
Pedro Dias
Hi Pedro,

First all thanks for your help.
I've changed the mime type to "application/pdf" and it now displays the PDF inside the browser instead of opening acrobat reader application.
I'm still looking for a way to show the PDF in a popup_infoballoon (or other similar widget) so that the user can view the pdf while it navigates in the application and whitout leaving the current screen.

The solution that you've presented forces the browser to redirect to the PDF file and show it. This way the user has to go back in the browser window which is undesired in terms of navigation.
Is there another way to show the file inline, inside an object or widget like i did for the images?
Thanks
Best Regards
Nuno Azevedo

The problem is that the
------------------------------
Hi.

You should use the download just like you did but you must fetch the binary data from your database. With the option "save to disk" set to 'No'.
Be aware that you should configure the Adobe Reader Web Browser Integration so that the file displays correctly.

See attached file.

Best regards,
Pedro Dias

I accomplished just that using the new stile guide.

What I did was setting the iframe expression into the screen of the info balloon widget.
"<iframe height='600' width='800' sr c='view.aspx'> </iframe>"

On that page parameter I made the query to get the file and ended up with the dowload tool just like we did before.

In the widget web block you must set the height parameter or you wont see anything coming :)

It worked for me.

Best regards,
Pedro Dias