Hello,

I am developing a web screen, and I have 2 containers right next to each other that only users with certain roles should see. When I log in as a user that shouldn't see those containers, a huge awkward space is left in the middle of the page. Has anyone discovered a solution for this issue?

Thanks in advanced!

Hy Andi

If you use a if statement, the container will not render at all. 

Avoiding that ackward space

Br

Pedro Domingues

Domingues wrote:

Hy Andi

If you use a if statement, the container will not render at all. 

Avoiding that ackward space

Br

Pedro Domingues

I'm still seeing a space...

Can I not use containers at all? Is it an issue that I'm using columns?

Hi! 

If Column1 as container with minimal height property you will see always the same space in the Column2. 

To be sure verify also all the "containers" that contain the ones you want to hide.

regards

Graça

Hi,

Inspect where that space is coming from (and fix it there) if you say you already hide all that you need to hide and there is still space.

Cheers!

Hello Andi,

I do think using columns is one factor.

I would suggest to set the width of both containers to 50%, then enclose them into another container. (This would result to them being beside each other like in columns.)

The next step would be to enclose them to an If statement, as suggested by Pedro, with a condition CheckThisRole, wherein This refers to the name of the role.

Hope this helps!

- Emman

I agree with John Emmanuel Si that it is a column factor. The "if condition" is inside the column, that's why when data is not there then it will show the space which is accessed by the column.

This is the reason for showing the space.

Thank you,

Sudip