EPA Activities fot Reactive Web Applications

Greetings,

Per the documentation on EPA, "The Embedded Process Automation (EPA) automatically displays in the user's web browser all pending activities in a floating taskbox".

This works fine with Traditional Web Applications, but (at least in my experience) not for Reactive Web Applications. In the later case, I tried to explicitly call API_GetActivities, but this returns an empty list, despite the fact that I can see that the activity list for the current user is not empty (in Traditional Web Applications).

What should I do with Reactive Web APplications in order to find out the activities for the current user?

Thanks,

JP

Hi,

The taskbox is not supported for reactive web because you cannot use reactive web screens as human activities destinations.

This can be found in reactive web release notes.

You need to program the human activities destinations screens using traditional web app.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

The taskbox is not supported for reactive web because you cannot use reactive web screens as human activities destinations.

This can be found in reactive web release notes.

You need to program the human activities destinations screens using traditional web app.

Regards,

Daniel

I understand that Reactive Web Apps (currently) would not automatically display the list of activities, but expected to be able to retrieve the list of activities from a server action that calls to the API_GetActivities

However I just found the solution to the problem: on the pagination structure that you pass to API_GetActivities, you have to set LineCount to a value greater than 0, then only the list of activities will be returned. Perhaps the documentation could be updated on this detail?

Best,

JP

Solution

Hi,

You can mark your own post as solution, for others it will be then more easy to find an answer if they stumble on the same issue in the future.

Regards,

Daniel