How to resolve "The connection to the server was reset. Server returned status error"

I am getting "The connection to the server was reset. Server returned status error" while processing on pptx file.(Converting images from pptx slides)

The general logs tell a different story as all logs are captured even after the error has occurred.

(the error is generated at 80 percent in progress bar but logs well after 100 percent are captured by general logs in service center)

I have gone through all other posts regarding the error.

The progressBar indicator uses AJAX refresh for operation.

The error arises while processing on slides with large numbers(Note: all slides were successfully converted to Images in my case).

have tried to increase the timeout but the error was not resolved.

Kindly guide me as I am quite new to the outsystems platform.

Please refer screenshot for reference.

SS1:

SS2:

Hi,

usually if the work you're doing exceeds a certain threshold you might want to consider doing that work asynchronously using timers.

The timeout you're getting is probably from the webserver and happens alot with screens that do heavy processing.

Bruno Gonçalves wrote:

Hi,

usually if the work you're doing exceeds a certain threshold you might want to consider doing that work asynchronously using timers.

The timeout you're getting is probably from the webserver and happens alot with screens that do heavy processing.

Hi Bruno,

I have dynamic input parameters for the action and I need the generated output in next step.

i tried to put the action in a process and wait till process is completed but still got Timeout error.

Can you suggest any other approach to resoolve this issue?

I would recommend that you continue what you've already done but control the timeout. I have timers with a 10min timeout and after each batch I check if I'm nearing that 10min marker, if so I exit the flow but just before exiting I wake the timer so it runs again. Ideally you should track how many iterations of the timer you want to run / wake.

Bruno Gonçalves wrote:

You might want to see this video from minute onward 2:14:28

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/1133/master-class-on-best-practices-and-timers/?LearningPathId=0

*from minute 2:14:28 onward