How to send Emails in Outsystems Version 11

Hi,

I am currently creating a traditional web and am required to send email in the web after clicking a button. How do I go about doing this in Outsystems? The tutorials ive seen looks outdated. Is there a more recent tutorial to show how to achieve this?

Thanks.

Solution

Jonathan Ng wrote:

Hi,

I am currently creating a traditional web and am required to send email in the web after clicking a button. How do I go about doing this in Outsystems? The tutorials ive seen looks outdated. Is there a more recent tutorial to show how to achieve this?

Thanks.

Please see below reference for sending email. Hope this helps.

Add a UI Flow, then right click on that UI Flow and select the envelope icon

On your screen action/server action Drag the Email Icon that  you created on the UI Flow

PS: Before this works you need to configure the email setting in service center and supply the credential and the port to use

Solution

Hi,

Everything is perfectly described in articles (Send an Email From a Web Application and How-to send emails from your personal environment).  For example, you can use this free mail server service. Configured your PE and you will succeed.

In addition, note that this solution only works on Traditional Web Applications. 

In order to send email from Reactive Web, or Mobile applications: build a simple Traditional Web Application that exposes your Email sending as a REST service, that you consume from your Reactive Web or Mobile applications.

Peoples,

does anyone have an example for attaching files in email?

silva lima wrote:

Peoples,

Silva,

You can add a attach file widget on the emails preparation before sending. You just need to input the filename and the binary data. Please see below implementation example. Hope this help.

Michael Chu wrote:

silva lima wrote:

Peoples,

Silva,

You can add a attach file widget on the emails preparation before sending. You just need to input the filename and the binary data. Please see below implementation example. Hope this help.

Many thanks for the reply Michael.Made me understand better.

But how would I do, for the user to attach images, excel or pdf files? I would like to leave the user free to upload any file. It is possible?

silva lima wrote:

Michael Chu wrote:

silva lima wrote:

Peoples,

Silva,

Many thanks for the reply Michael.Made me understand better.

But how would I do, for the user to attach images, excel or pdf files? I would like to leave the user free to upload any file. It is possible?

You can convert Image, Excel and pdf to binary data then attached it to the Attached File widget. The goal is to convert the uploaded file into binary so you can attached it to the attached file widget.

Many Thanks