[Tagify] No event submitted when the web block is inside a record list

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 15 Nov (3 weeks ago) by Afonso Carvalho
3 votes
Published on 15 Nov (3 weeks ago) by Afonso Carvalho

Hello. 

I've added the web block to a record list, but when the tag field changes, no event is triggered. 

Think this might have something to do with the web block runtimeId, but couldn't understand the problem. 

Hi Luiz,

Not a direct answer to your question, but did you consider to use the standard OutSystems UI Drop-down Tags widget

https://outsystemsui.outsystems.com/OutSystemsUIWebsite/PatternDetail?PatternId=35

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Luiz,

I'll investigate this and will let you know - the webblock RuntimeId is already being used precisely to accomodate the use case of several blocks in the same page.

Daniël, while the OutSystems provided component is a possibility, it's based on the Choices library, and it doesn't seem as flexible as Tagify. The use case of tag editing, for instance, doesn't seem available out of the box.

Ok. Thank you very much. I'm waiting. 

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Daniël, while the OutSystems provided component is a possibility, it's based on the Choices library, and it doesn't seem as flexible as Tagify. The use case of tag editing, for instance, doesn't seem available out of the box.

Hi Afonso, thanks for explaining I wasn't aware of that.

Luiz, I've tried reproducing this but I'm not having much luck. I've placed the Tagify webblock in a RecordList and Events are being triggered and received correctly, I can see them while debugging.

Could you go over this module (in the HomePageList screen) and confirm that this is what you're attempting to implement?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Afonso, thanks for explaining I wasn't aware of that.

No problem. I did some investigation to implement this for a project, and while the OutSystems component is good, it might not cover every use case. I also like Tagify because the library developer is very dedicated and will respond to just about every Github issue.

Ok. I'll try it now. Thank you.

I still can't get it to work. I think my scenario is different, and I didn't explain it well. 

I've got an entity (Publication) that should relate to multiple tags and tags that relate to multiple Publications. 

So I've created an intermediary entity (TagData), to enable this many to many relationships. 

In a web screen, I've added the record list of Publications and added a new web block that contains the Tagify element.

The list passes the Publication ID to the web block, so I can retrieve the tags already applied to it in the preparation flow and populate Tagify.  

In this case, I couldn't trigger any event. 

Afonso Carvalho , did you manage to check this? I'm stuck.

I still can't get it to work. I think my scenario is different, and I didn't explain it well. 

I've got an entity (Publication) that should relate to multiple tags and tags that relate to multiple Publications. 

So I've created an intermediary entity (TagData), to enable this many to many relationships. 

In a web screen, I've added the record list of Publications and added a new web block that contains the Tagify element.

The list passes the Publication ID to the web block, so I can retrieve the tags already applied to it in the preparation flow and populate Tagify.  

In this case, I couldn't trigger any event. 

I haven't managed to sit down and create a module like this yet - if I understand correctly, you're using a List with your Publications in a screen, and then you have a webblock of your own inside the List that implements the Tagify webblock. Right off the bat, I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Do you need the PublicationTags block between the List and the Tagify block? Have you tried implementing Tagify directly on the List?

I'll try and get a module done and I'll share it so you can compare it with your implementation.

I've tried to add the Tagify block directly but got stuck on how to save those tags added to a specific list item. Assumed that if I added the Tagify block to another block, I could isolate the list item (by passing it's ID to the block) and manage to save those tags.