Hi guys,

I am creating a personal App and i want to send some emails. When i try to send this error appears:

I have already set the Default Sender Email and the Default Sender Name but still not works.

Other mandatory information that i need to provide is the SMTP Server. For this i need to create some account that manages this?

Regards,

Pedro Santos

Hi Pedro,

This guide was written for the personal environment, but the same thing applies to any OutSystems installation, including enterprise cloud and also on-premises.

Extra Information:

Did you do this steps:

The configuration to allow secured connection (ssl, tsl)  there's no need for any configuration. If the SMTP server can use a secure connection, the Platform will automatically use that.

Cheers,

Nuno Verdasca

Note:

For sending e-mail, you need to configure the SMTP server in Service Center, via Administation / Email.

For receving e-mail, you could check the S22.Imap Forge Component.

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi Pedro,

This guide was written for the personal environment, but the same thing applies to any OutSystems installation, including enterprise cloud and also on-premises.

Extra Information:

Did you do this steps:

The configuration to allow secured connection (ssl, tsl)  there's no need for any configuration. If the SMTP server can use a secure connection, the Platform will automatically use that.

Cheers,

Nuno Verdasca

Note:

For sending e-mail, you need to configure the SMTP server in Service Center, via Administation / Email.

For receving e-mail, you could check the S22.Imap Forge Component.

Hi Nuno,

Thank you for the reply. I did all those steps but still not working.

I think the information that i am providing in the configuration Email isn't right. I want to send emails from my Development Environment and i really need to figured it out how i can solve this problem.

Regards,

Pedro Santos

Pedro,

Did you look to This guide ? Was written for the personal environment, but the same thing applies to any OutSystems installation, including enterprise cloud and also on-premises.
Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

Pedro, I answered your message in private. Your problem is with the SMTP server you are posting, you are entering your email address instead of the server name.
Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

Hi

need to set up email sending through service center

important that credentials are valid.

if it's Gmail, you need to unlock in Manage your Google Account > Security > power on "less secure app access"