Get Application Name from Espace Id on the database

Hi All,

Inside an aggregate, I am trying to get the application name (not the module/espace name) using the Espace Id.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

GetApplicationName()

But this cannot be used inside an aggregate. Any thoughts on alternatives, the system/application entity does not have an espace id, it has an entry_espace_id but that does not seem to be the same thing?

The purpose is to show on a table record:
App Name | Module Name | .... 

The reason I need it inside the aggregate is to group the data by application.

Solution

Hi André,

You can query it using system entities, see below.

Espace is being referenced by Module. Module is linked to an Application by App_Definition_Module, which brings you to the Application entity. If you know that your eSpace is the Entry Espace, then it's easier. Just use the Entry_eSpace_Id in Application.

Regards,

Lennart

Solution

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi André,

Take a look at this post:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20994/getting-application-id-from-espace-id/

I hope this help you.

I did but did search the forum and did read this post before submitting my question but it does not answer my particular question...
I can use GetApplicationName outside of the Aggregate, but not inside.
I cannot seem to figure out the relationship between the Application Entity and Espace Entity (to join them properly), to get the above information inside an aggregate

Lennart Kraak wrote:

Hi André,

You can query it using system entities, see below.

Espace is being referenced by Module. Module is linked to an Application by App_Definition_Module, which brings you to the Application entity. If you know that your eSpace is the Entry Espace, then it's easier. Just use the Entry_eSpace_Id in Application.

Regards,

Lennart

Got it... I need to join those 4 entities.
I think what was throwing me off is that the application entity refers to 2 espace IDs the entry and backoffice - what do those mean? 

Well, the Entry_eSpace_Id contains the ID of the eSpace set as Home. This way you can click "Open in Browser" from the Application level.

I'm not sure what/if the BackOffice_eSpace_Id is used for. My guess is that it isn't used.