Specify own path in file plugin
Question

Hi,

In my mobile application I have a download button which will download the binary content I have uploaded. To achieve this I am using "File Plugin" components "SaveFile" Action. Using this action the file is being downloaded to the "storage/android/data/com.myappidentifier" folder. How can I store it directly in the internal storage.

Regards,

Gowtham

I mean in the "downloads" folder of my internal storage.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Gowtham,

Are you using your personal env mena cloud or OnPrimises env.

I am using my personal environment.

Hi, Gowtham I think you must check an original Cordova plugin an see how it's plugin work.
reference to this link https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/reference/cordova-plugin-file/index.html

from my experience, to download the file in ios or android  and then save the file to Downloads folder ( mean download folder phone system), you must set "Device Path" for android and ios in function RequestDirectoryFromFileSystem, I create a function like this  

if the device is android , set GetFileSystem javascript to  " var fileSystemType = cordova.file.externalRootDirectory + '/Download/'; " and if the device is IOS set "var fileSystemType = cordova.file.documentsDirectory;"

note:  for information, just Android Device can switch Selected Storage Type,  because of IOS save file just works on Internal storage

how can i make application , which is able to play the audio and video files by accessing the local storage of the smart-phone ,

in here i want to make app like VLC , Mx Player 

videoplayer.oml

why it taking so much time ,, please help me with quickly answer

videoplayer.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.