Add a custom icon from a static entity to a table record

Hi all is there an easy way to add the icon of a static entity to a table record? For example if I wanted to add these custom icons to a table record, depending on the rating?

Solution

Hi André,

I would suggest to put the icons on the images folder section. After that create a path field on the static entity and pass URL path of the correspondent icon to that field.

Regards!

Solution

André Pinho wrote:

Hi all is there an easy way to add the icon of a static entity to a table record? For example if I wanted to add these custom icons to a table record, depending on the rating?

Hi André Pinho

As I know you cannot use those icons to show your record, instead of this, as Tiago already suggested, You can import images to to the image folder and use them in your table. enclose those image in IF condition to match the correct icon with label.

I have shared a small example. please Check the attached oml. Hope it helps.

Regards

Seema

Thanks Tiago, documenting this for others trying to figure out how to implement that:

1. Add the image to the resources and use the runtime path link. 

2. Add an attribute to the static entity called iconURL or something and add the runtime path

3. Add external an image to your table record, type 'External' and use the current static IconURL attribute  

4. Boom

Hi André!

Why don't you ask for that possibility in a new "Idea". 

Regards 

Graça

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

Hi André!

Why don't you ask for that possibility in a new "Idea". 

Regards 

Graça

Hi Graça,

Done: https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/7770/expose-the-icon-attribute-in-static-entities

Thank you for the suggestion.