[Custom Input Masks] Issue with AJAX refresh on iOS

Forge Component
(43)
Published on 9 Mar (4 weeks ago) by Marcelo Ferreira
43 votes
Published on 9 Mar (4 weeks ago) by Marcelo Ferreira

I'm facing an issue with the "MaskDate" block in Safari for iOS. After performing an AJAX refresh on the page, the focus is always placed in the input bound to the MaskDate.

I'm attaching to this post an OML reproducing this issue. To see it happening, fill in the 2nd input and move the focus to the third one (this triggers an AJAX refresh). You'll see that the focus will be automatically set to the 1st input.

Has anyone ever faced this issue?

Aurelio Junior wrote: I am also facing this issue right now, i thought the issue was on the ajax refresh itself.

I'm facing an issue with the "MaskDate" block in Safari for iOS. After performing an AJAX refresh on the page, the focus is always placed in the input bound to the MaskDate.

I'm attaching to this post an OML reproducing this issue. To see it happening, fill in the 2nd input and move the focus to the third one (this triggers an AJAX refresh). You'll see that the focus will be automatically set to the 1st input.

Has anyone ever faced this issue?

Hi Aurelio,

Unfortunately I don't have a iOS environment to test thisThis should be caused because safari handle some JS differently than the other browsers. You know at least which JS instruction is causing that change? Tried to look into the code and safari behaviors which normally are different than the other browsers and couldn't find a reason.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hello all ,

I am also facing same issue on IE , i have several inputs with mask applied for currency and after ajax refresh focus is shifted to last input with mask on the page , this is very frustrating for inputting while tabbing.

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

Hi,

The edge issue is solved on the latest version. Dunno if that also solved for iOS environments.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi there,

Also facing this issue (only on a iOS device). But the issue happens when there is no ajax refresh, hope it can give some insight. Our situation:

two input with decimal mask and two calender inputs

When the first decimal field is filled (it has an OnChange event) and we'll fill the next field decimal field en then go to the calendar input, it jumps back to the second decimal mask input. When only the first decimal input is filled and you'll click the calendar input the focus is set to the first decimal field.

Also tried to find something on the github about it, but couldn't find anything about it, hope this logic triggers a clue where to find for you.

Kind regards,
Evert