[Stimulsoft .NET] Old parameter values are kept being used in reports

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2019-12-26 by Paulo Fagundes Jr.
3 votes
Published on 2019-12-26 by Paulo Fagundes Jr.

Hi,

I am experimenting with the Stimulsoft.NET component. I have created a test report that has a REST API as its data source. This API has an input parameter called Name. I pass the value for this parameter to the report by using the AddParameters action, before calling the BuildReport action.

The first time I generate the report like this it uses the value of the parameter that I submitted. But in subsequent calls to generate the report with a different parameter value, it always uses the first parameter that I passed.

Has anybody run into similar issues? How did you resolve that?

Thanks in advance for you sugestions.

Regards,
Alfio Esposito

Hi Esposito, when I built this extension I thought it was the best way to keep isolate each report.

It is not a bug, it is just a behavior. To fix that, you should have a encapsulate action and inside that, fetch the data parameters from anywhere, call <AddParameters> and then build your report <BuildReport>.

You centralize all calls to build your reports in one encapsulate action.

Do you still have some concerns about that? 

Let me know if I could help you!

Best Regards,
Paulo Fagundes

Hi Paulo,

We are also facing the same problem but don't quite understand your explanation. We wish to set the parameter via an input field every time we send a request to create a new report. However at the moment it will only use the parameter value set by the first request after compiling. 

Do you have an example for how we can achieve this?

Thank you,

Hazel.

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your reply. I think I tried your suggestion but (at least in my situation) that does not appear to work unfortunately.

I have also been playing around a bit with the extension by adding an action for ClearParameters. But that does not work yet. 

Regards,
Alfio

Hello guys, I don't think I understood your problem before. sorry for it.

So, What is supposed to happen is clear all parameters when the report has been built. I will make some tests and try understand what is going on!

I will work on it and back soon!

Thanks for your inputs

Best Regards
Paulo Fagundes

Hello Guys,

I updated the extension, please let me know if it was fixed!


Best Regards,
Paulo Fagundes

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for looking into this. I have downloaded and installed the new version. Unfortunately I still get the same issue as before.

Regards,
Alfio