Application server and Threads

Application server and Threads

In one of the demo, I have seen only IIS and JBoss application server supported. I have just seen few demo's and I am new to the system. I have few queries on the system. If I get the answers to this it will be of great help.

1. Can I deploy the application on Websphere Application server?
2. How do I change the from SQL to Oracle RDBMS? Is the application that will be deployed DB independent?
3. How do I integrate the business logic in the flow? it can be business logic written in java for validation.
4. How do I control the controls on the screen (enable/disable or visible/invisible) during runtime based on the business logic?
5. Can I run the application developed by me in multi thread environment?
6. If yes to Question 5 then, How do I execute the batch process in multi thread environment?

I have few more queries on the system. Once I get the input on this I will ask more questions.

Thanks in advance and regards

Madhu

Hi Madhuchandra,

Short answers bellow.

1. Can I deploy the application on Websphere Application server?

No, for now the only Java supported stack is redhat+jboss+oracle.

2. How do I change the from SQL to Oracle RDBMS? Is the application that will be deployed DB independent?

Yes, the application will be DB independent. Just change the DBMS eSpace property that will help you validate that. 

3. How do I integrate the business logic in the flow? it can be business logic written in java for validation.

Yes, you can integrate Java code by creating an extension with Integration Studio

4. How do I control the controls on the screen (enable/disable or visible/invisible) during runtime based on the business logic?

You can create screen variables and assign the Visible property to those widgets. In the screen action or preparation you can set those screen variables. Alternatively you can also use the If widget.

5. Can I run the application developed by me in multi thread environment?

Yes.

6. If yes to Question 5 then, How do I execute the batch process in multi thread environment?

Just create a timer and drag a Timer action to wake that timer asynchronously.

If you need further clarification on any of the above just let me know.

Cheers,

Tiago Simões

Tiago,

Thanks a log for short and sweet answers.

Saw demos in outsystems and I have gone flat.....it is superb platform.

I would like to use this for developing a product, which should be more secured. So we may want to use Weblogic or Websphere application server. It is clear from you answer we cannot use it. In future do you have any plans to build war/ear so that same can be used in Weblogic or Websphere application server.

could you refer to some document of outsystems, so that I can go through those and implement the application I want too. I need more explaination on threading, to have control on controls, to handle context context during batch processing.

Cheers and Thanks a lot
Madhu