Touch events not firing for list item

I'm trying to set event handlers for touchStart and touchEnd events on a ListItem in mobile so that I can detect when the user starts to swipe a list item.  For some reason the event handlers never fire.  

What am I missing?

Greg

Solution

Hello Greg,

Can you test TouchEvents from OutSystemsUIMobile? You have also event End and Stat.

You can also look for documentation here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/SILK_UI_Framework/03_Building_UI_Through_Pattern_Composition/Using_Silk_UI_Patterns/TouchEvents_Pattern

Hope it helps.

Br,

Luis

Solution

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Greg,

Can you test TouchEvents from OutSystemsUIMobile? You have also event End and Stat.

You can also look for documentation here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/SILK_UI_Framework/03_Building_UI_Through_Pattern_Composition/Using_Silk_UI_Patterns/TouchEvents_Pattern

Hope it helps.

Br,

Luis

Hi Luis,

Thanks, but that doesn't work either.  I'm not using Silk UI.  I'm using the List Item from OutSystemsUIMobile and neither the item properties as I posted initially nor the TouchEvents block end up firing the handlers for the touch events.  It's almost as if the built in handlers for allowing the item to slide to show the actions is prohibiting any other touch event handlers from firing.

Does anybody have a sample OML with touch events working for a List Item in OutSystemsUIMobile?

Thanks,

Greg

Thanks Luis,

Your solution is correct.

I tried the OutSystemsUIMobile TouchEvents block but it wasn't working.  I opened a support ticket and it turns out the order that you place the TouchEvents block in the widget tree matters.  The TouchEvents block needs to come after the block it's related to.  I had it before when I tried which didn't work.

Greg Whitten wrote:

Thanks Luis,

Your solution is correct.

I tried the OutSystemsUIMobile TouchEvents block but it wasn't working.  I opened a support ticket and it turns out the order that you place the TouchEvents block in the widget tree matters.  The TouchEvents block needs to come after the block it's related to.  I had it before when I tried which didn't work.

Hello Greg,

I forgot to tell you that. It makes sense, usually all the blocks from OutSystemsUI needs to be placed after the elements.

BR,

Luis