[CameraPreview Plugin] Camera start with a zoom

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2019-08-14 by Hugo 
3 votes
Published on 2019-08-14 by Hugo 

Hey, when I do StartCameraPreview i set zoom to 0 and still have a zoom. How can I fix this?

Hello Diogo,

Can you share some more details please?

Hugo Carvalho wrote:

Hello Diogo,

Can you share some more details please?

Hi Hugo,

The camera preview screen in my app is displaying a zoomed image. Even though, the result photo has no zoom, the preview itself doesn't show the entire photo result size.

The camera app compared with the native camera have a little zoom.

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Hey, when I do StartCameraPreview i set zoom to 0 and still have a zoom. How can I fix this?

Hi Diogo,

What do you mean zoom, has far has I know you don't have that option...

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Hi Diogo,

The plugin camera have the view too zoomed in comparing with the native camera even when the SetZoom is 0

Diogo,

Are you using the application through Outsystems Now? Or nativly on your device?

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Hi Diogo,

The plugin camera have the view too zoomed in comparing with the native camera even when the SetZoom is 0

Can you provide examples?

Hugo Carvalho wrote:

Diogo,

Are you using the application through Outsystems Now? Or nativly on your device?

Nativly, plugins don't work in Outsystems Now

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Hi Diogo,

The camera preview show a image with a little "zoom" but when I take picture the photo dont have that zoom. What I want is remove that "zoom" from the preview

Hello Diogo,

From what I understood, your remark is similar with a recent issue submitted in the git repository of the component:

https://github.com/cordova-plugin-camera-preview/cordova-plugin-camera-preview/issues/580

And also similar to another comment in one older issue:

https://github.com/cordova-plugin-camera-preview/cordova-plugin-camera-preview/issues/222#issuecomment-325161162

Let's see what the the creators of the cordova plugin reply about that.

As you may understand we are limited by what the cordova plugin offers in terms of functionality.

Best regards

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Hi Diogo,

The camera preview show a image with a little "zoom" but when I take picture the photo dont have that zoom. What I want is remove that "zoom" from the preview

OK, has Daniel Martins pointed out it may well be a problem of the cordova plugin, but in any way, provide me a project with the issue so that I can replicate and see what I can do?

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Hugo Carvalho wrote:

Diogo,

Nativly, plugins don't work in Outsystems Now

Some plugins works in OutSystems Now:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/Mobile_Plugins

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Rúben Santos wrote:

Diogo Teixeira wrote:

Hi Diogo,

OK, has Daniel Martins pointed out it may well be a problem of the cordova plugin, but in any way, provide me a project with the issue so that I can replicate and see what I can do?

You can see the sample app