We are working on a process which need involvement of multiple screens and the data that we collected from first screen needs to be stored temporarily through out the process and can be used/shared on any screen.

I didn't like the idea sharing data between screen via input variables and don't even want to store it in server entity. so i am thinking of store it in client variables temporarily and use it across the screens.. 

The only concern i have here is do we have any limit in terms of space to store data in single client variable 

Thanks,

Shailendra

Hi, what you are describing is exactly what server entities are for, any reason why you don't want to store that data in the database ?

Gabriel

Gabriel Cardoso wrote:

Hi, what you are describing is exactly what server entities are for, any reason why you don't want to store that data in the database ?

Gabriel

Hi,

That's the temporary data which i need to hold for some time.. and don't want to make a server trip for same..

any how i need to flush it from there as well once will submit to API at the end of process.. was just curious what if the data i am storing exceeds some limit.

Thanks

Solution

Hi Gabriel,

Client variables use local storage. Local storage limits depend on each browser.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Solution