Set selected (or default) item in DB populated List Box

Set selected (or default) item in DB populated List Box

Hi,

I have an espace that uses a popup edit to create a new item. However, I want the list view in this new edit window to be selected with a value other than the first value in the list.

For example I am creating a new contact from a company details form and I want the company name to be preselected in the new form though if the user wishes they can change the company name of the form or assign it to be blank for generic use.

I have a variable on the popup edit and I am passing the correct value however within the popup edit screen I am not able to see what logic is available to select the selected item of the list view.
Thanks,
Al

Hi Al,

If the value is from a record list then on the screen preparation you just need to set the value of the variable bound to that combo box.

If you are using the Special List then you need to give a name to the combo and on the screen preparation use an assign to set the combo's SpecialListValue runtime property. 

Cheers,

Tiago Simões

Hi,
It does not work for me at the moment. I am passing in the Record Identity and using another field in rhe record to populate the list box.

I thought I found a solution in that I select the special varaible to the Result of another query based upon the Local Input Variable I was passing to the Web Screen.

In the case that the list box is a index of another table how can this be done?

Should also add that I am using a record populated list view but with a specail entry of "0, -" to allow the user to not assign a known identity to the record.
Thanks,
Al
I was making it too complicated.

As you said. In the Combo Box Properties set the "Variable" property to the Variable. In my case a Record Identity.

Works like a charm.

Many thanks,
Al