OS 11 Reactive Web

I have a form that allows the user to add multiple items. The form contains a ListRecords, and each record is a subform for a person.

They can add a person with a Name, Date of Birth and gender, and they may choose to add more people. If they choose to add another person, I'm using a list records to display a blank form beneath the form that has already been filled out.

Would it be possible for me to get the runtime Id of a widget in one of these forms?

Thanks again!

Hi Landon,

May I now what exactly you want to do with this runtime id of the widget because knowing the exact use case always helps to suggest better solution.

Landon -

Pass it in as a parameter to the screen action action that is being initiated from the list. But the ID isn't terribly useful by itself. Definitely need to explain your use case so we can provide better guidance.

J.Ja

Thank you Justin and Nikhil,

Our business has outlined UX standards that require we clear field-level error hightlighting on each field as the error is addressed (so if the field is highlighted, and beneath the field it says "Required field!", this would be cleared as soon as the user begins to enter data in the field.) This requires me to have the Id of the field so that I can manually assign [field].Valid to true and clear [field].ValidationMessage.

My form contains a list records widget, so that the user can add a person and then click 'Add Another Person' to reveal another blank section of the form - allowing the user to add as many People as they need. As I am not explicitly assigning the Ids of the fields in each record of the List Records, I do not know how to reassign [field].Valid and [field].ValidationMessage.

Does that clarify my use case?

Landon Doucette wrote:

Our business has outlined UX standards that require we clear field-level error hightlighting on each field as the error is addressed (so if the field is highlighted, and beneath the field it says "Required field!", this would be cleared as soon as the user begins to enter data in the field.) This requires me to have the Id of the field so that I can manually assign [field].Valid to true and clear [field].ValidationMessage.

My form contains a list records widget, so that the user can add a person and then click 'Add Another Person' to reveal another blank section of the form - allowing the user to add as many People as they need. As I am not explicitly assigning the Ids of the fields in each record of the List Records, I do not know how to reassign [field].Valid and [field].ValidationMessage.

Hi Landon Doucette,

Please refer the attached the oml. This may help you.

Regards,

Ellakkiya.S

Solution

Hi Landon,
If the goal is to hide the highlighted error message, which appear after invalid submission, and you want to remove it as soon you start typing in the particular field.

You can achieve this easily with small javascript function. The fuction is triggered as soon you make a change on the form. identifies which input was triggered, and then simply remove the class of invalid.  With javascript you have complete control over your html/css becouse it runs it on client side. If your form contains different types of inputs then textboxes, you might inspect the source code, and try to understand what needs to be changed in order to display the input as valid. Simply compare valid record with invalid, and you will spot it.

If you dont know javascript, most probably you have to know, how to change a class on a particular input, and how to find the id of the caller. Google will help you a lot

With best regards,
Slavi 

Solution

Ellakkiya Selvadurai wrote:

Landon Doucette wrote:

Hi Landon Doucette,

Please refer the attached the oml. This may help you.

Regards,

Ellakkiya.S

Thank you, but this does not entirely address my issue as you have not used a form widget. Because my input widget is contained in a record of a ListRecords widget, and that ListRecords is within a form, the input widget is not within scope of it's own OnChange client action. This is my dilemma.

And thank you Slavi, I'll be moving forward with your solution.