Importing Excel to a record list with an Entity identifier

Hi,

I'm new in outsystems, and I'm trying to make a web app that import excel into a record list.

My problem is how can I import excel with an entity identifier/foreign key. Currently I can import excel to a record list with an entity identifier but using the the id. Below is the example.

Inside the red box is my identifier. Once I replace the SiteReceivedId in to a text like "In.hub" im getting an error.

Hoping someone reply on this thread.

Thank you and Happy Holiday!

Hi Ruzzel,

Check the datatype of SiteReceivedId  in your entity. Make sure, If you want to save text like "In.hub", it should be text.

Regards

seema

Seema Pandey wrote:

Hi Ruzzel,

Check the datatype of SiteReceivedId  in your entity. Make sure, If you want to save text like "In.hub", it should be text.

Regards

seema

Hi Seema,

The data type of SiteReceivedId is an identifier. Please see below image.

Thank you

Ruzzel John Bisnar wrote:

Seema Pandey wrote:

Hi Ruzzel,

Regards

seema

Hi Seema,

The data type of SiteReceivedId is an identifier. Please see below image.

Thank you

Ruzzel here SiteReceivedId is Site identifire (reference Id).  Check the datatype of Id in SiteReceived entity.It should be text with unique index if you want to store text here.

Hi Ruzzel,

Check out this article from OutSystems’ success pages.

Kind regards,

Nordin

Ruzzel John Bisnar wrote:

Hi,

I'm new in outsystems, and I'm trying to make a web app that import excel into a record list.

My problem is how can I import excel with an entity identifier/foreign key. Currently I can import excel to a record list with an entity identifier but using the the id. Below is the example.

Inside the red box is my identifier. Once I replace the SiteReceivedId in to a text like "In.hub" im getting an error.

Hoping someone reply on this thread.

Thank you and Happy Holiday!

By default, Id of an entry is numbers. so I think that you should check it again.

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Ruzzel,

Check out this article from OutSystems’ success pages.

Kind regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I tried to follow the steps on the link you provided.

Now i encountered this error

What i did is, I created Data Structure then link it to the ExcelToRecordList

Then create a Local Record Variable and insert an assign after the aggregate

then do the mapping

Hello Ruzzel

Check out the built-in method. 

IntegerToIdentifier().

For more information checkout the built-in methods for data conversion here 

Hope this helps !!!

Hi Amal,

May I know where should i insert the data conversion? I tried to create an assign widget which is assign the description id(Identifier) in the ExcelToRecordList and in the value (please see below image)

Sorry I'm new in Outsystems.