What is that new Reactive App option in OutSystems

I occasionally noticed a new application template called Reactive APp in my service studio and it looks like below

Yes, this is Reactive App not Reactive Web App. A similar option used to appear earlier for Reactive Web App until you update your platform and after update this option gets enable for use.

Looks like something new is coming in OutSystems. Anyone has any information?

I checked a few of my environments and I still can't see it, so it is probably only at your client. Are you allowed to say it publicly?

Information that can be shared usually shows up in News and Announcements section. Reactive Web Apps were announced there less than a week after we started seeing them (and the training path a day later). If it is supposed to be divulged, even with the Christmas holidays, an official communication may go out soon.

Hi Nikhil,

Just like Nuno, I can't see it.

Can you share with us your platform version and your service studio version please? You're talking about your personal environment or an Enterprise environment (On Premisses or Cloud if it's the case)? This appears everytime you select "New Application" in Service Studio?

It's something very strange, really.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Nuno Reis wrote:

I checked a few of my environments and I still can't see it, so it is probably only at your client. Are you allowed to say it publicly?

Information that can be shared usually shows up in News and Announcements section. Reactive Web Apps were announced there less than a week after we started seeing them (and the training path a day later). If it is supposed to be divulged, even with the Christmas holidays, an official communication may go out soon.

Even I can't see it now. As I said it appeared occasionally and I haven't seen it in last 3-4 days.

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Nikhil,

Just like Nuno, I can't see it.

Can you share with us your platform version and your service studio version please? You're talking about your personal environment or an Enterprise environment (On Premisses or Cloud if it's the case)? This appears everytime you select "New Application" in Service Studio?

It's something very strange, really.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

I saw it in my personal environment few days back and it didn't appeared since then. Because this option asks to update environment in order to enable template so I tried to update environment also but for my personal environment it says, it is already on latest version.

My current personal environment and service studio version is 11.0.606.0 and 11.6.17 (Build no 7972) respactively. I have auto updates enabled on my service studio so there is possibility that version was different when I saw this option.

Hello Nikhil,

It is the same actually.

The Reactive App message you have above is the message shown to environments not yet upgraded to be capable of creating Reactive Web Applications. Once you upgrade the environment you will notice then that the option will give Reactive Web App:

Before Upgrade

After Upgrade:

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Oh, I got it. In that case it is just a confusion created by name different names before and after upgrade.

Hello Nikhil,

Would it be fine to mark my answer as solution? =D

Cheers!

- Emman

But wait. I remember that my personal environment was upgraded few weeks ago and I saw this option after that only. Not before upgrade.

Hello Nikhil,

How about now? What can you see?

If you have upgraded already, then you should have the same options for new applications after upgrade.

Also, it is somehow hinted that the option with Reactive App is before upgrade as there is a message with the following info:

Update your platform server to start creating Reactive Web apps.

This indicates that the option is indeed for Reactive Web Application, and therefore the same kind.

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Hi All,

Yup, you are right. Indeed that's the same kind, although the labels are slightly different. 

Cheers,
Tiago Simões