Field Service Mobile Application NOSQL Question

Seasons Greetings,

I just downloaded the Field Service Mobile App.  I set up and updated all dependencies one of which is FIREBASE.  When I researched Firebase I learned that it uses NOSQL Database.. I then researched the benefits and drawbacks of NOSQL.  I am much more familiar with relational databases. I also read up and learned that aggregates and so on wont work.  I have spent countless hours taking the outsystems mobile and developer courses but a lot of what I have somewhat learned will not work from what I am reading.  As I understand Firebase shines on realtime updates across multiple devices but is a lot harder when it comes to queries and I have many queries including the following.....

Can you use both and how?

Thanks again and Happy Holidays,

Rob

Solution

Rob Rough wrote:

Seasons Greetings,

I just downloaded the Field Service Mobile App.  I set up and updated all dependencies one of which is FIREBASE.  When I researched Firebase I learned that it uses NOSQL Database.. I then researched the benefits and drawbacks of NOSQL.  I am much more familiar with relational databases. I also read up and learned that aggregates and so on wont work.  I have spent countless hours taking the outsystems mobile and developer courses but a lot of what I have somewhat learned will not work from what I am reading.  As I understand Firebase shines on realtime updates across multiple devices but is a lot harder when it comes to queries and I have many queries including the following.....

Rob

OK I am digging in more and understand that it uses a relational database.  My revised question why is Firebase used???  Probably very stupid question but just trying to go through and get my head around this

Thanks Again

Solution

Rob Rough wrote:

Rob Rough wrote:

Seasons Greetings,

Rob

OK I am digging in more and understand that it uses a relational database.  My revised question why is Firebase used???  Probably very stupid question but just trying to go through and get my head around this

Thanks Again

No worries I figured it out