Field Service Mobile Application NOSQL Question
Question

Seasons Greetings,

I just downloaded the Field Service Mobile App.  I set up and updated all dependencies one of which is FIREBASE.  When I researched Firebase I learned that it uses NOSQL Database.. I then researched the benefits and drawbacks of NOSQL.  I am much more familiar with relational databases. I also read up and learned that aggregates and so on wont work.  I have spent countless hours taking the outsystems mobile and developer courses but a lot of what I have somewhat learned will not work from what I am reading.  As I understand Firebase shines on realtime updates across multiple devices but is a lot harder when it comes to queries and I have many queries including the following.....

Can you use both and how?

Thanks again and Happy Holidays,

Rob

Solution

Rob Rough wrote:

Seasons Greetings,

I just downloaded the Field Service Mobile App.  I set up and updated all dependencies one of which is FIREBASE.  When I researched Firebase I learned that it uses NOSQL Database.. I then researched the benefits and drawbacks of NOSQL.  I am much more familiar with relational databases. I also read up and learned that aggregates and so on wont work.  I have spent countless hours taking the outsystems mobile and developer courses but a lot of what I have somewhat learned will not work from what I am reading.  As I understand Firebase shines on realtime updates across multiple devices but is a lot harder when it comes to queries and I have many queries including the following.....

Rob

OK I am digging in more and understand that it uses a relational database.  My revised question why is Firebase used???  Probably very stupid question but just trying to go through and get my head around this

Thanks Again

Rob Rough wrote:

Rob Rough wrote:

Seasons Greetings,

Rob

OK I am digging in more and understand that it uses a relational database.  My revised question why is Firebase used???  Probably very stupid question but just trying to go through and get my head around this

Thanks Again

No worries I figured it out

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.