[Zebra DataWedge Connector Plugin] Errormessage and failing to generate android build

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2019-10-31 by João Lopes
1 vote
Published on 2019-10-31 by João Lopes

We were using this component successfully until last week, when we had te generate a new build. We get this error:

"In Android on 30-12-2019 at 08:58:10 - Error compiling Cordova plugin: org/apache/cordova/engine/SystemCookieManager.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.."

We had version 1.0.4 installed and tried to upgrade to the newest version 1.0.7, but still the same error.

We have tried to re-install version 1.0.4, (which was working fine) but no success.

Changing the MABS version does not help.

Our latest successfully generated Android built is from 16-10-2019 with Outsystems-MABS version 5.0

Please advice. Thank you for your earliest response.

If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Solution

With help from Outsystems support this issue is solved.

There are several references to AndroidX libraries which are not supported on MABS (yet)

The solution for now is to set the version in the extensibility configuration. The identifier should point to com-darryncampbell-cordova-plugin-intent@1.3.0 (see documentation of github component)

With this change the build can be generated.

Solution

René van Hasselt wrote:

With help from Outsystems support this issue is solved.

There are several references to AndroidX libraries which are not supported on MABS (yet)

The solution for now is to set the version in the extensibility configuration. The identifier should point to com-darryncampbell-cordova-plugin-intent@1.3.0 (see documentation of github component)

With this change the build can be generated.

I am sorry for not answering. I completely forgot about this post.

Thank you for posting the solution here. 

I will update the component as soon as I have the time.