[SMTPClient] Differences with OutSystems build in email functionality

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 23 Mar by Wei Zhu
6 votes
Published on 23 Mar by Wei Zhu

Hello,

I've been trying to setup an external office 365 smtp server within OutSystems.But I can't get it to work. After searching for alternatives I tried using the SMTP client coponent which I've managed to get to work. However I would prefer using the build in options from OutSystems because it will automaticly resend bouncing mails. 

I've tried using the same setting as in the SMTP client but the server keeps rejecting the request. I've been using the following settings:

server: <yourserver>.mail.protection.outlook.com

Port: 25

Enablessl: False

Username: <username>

password: <password> 

Could anybody explain what the differences are between using this component and the build in e-mail service technology wise? Are they using different protocols or encryption?

Thanks in advance

Wouter Westerlaken wrote:

Hello,

I've been trying to setup an external office 365 smtp server within OutSystems.But I can't get it to work. After searching for alternatives I tried using the SMTP client coponent which I've managed to get to work. However I would prefer using the build in options from OutSystems because it will automaticly resend bouncing mails. 

I've tried using the same setting as in the SMTP client but the server keeps rejecting the request. I've been using the following settings:

server: <yourserver>.mail.protection.outlook.com

Port: 25

Enablessl: False

Username: <username>

password: <password> 

Could anybody explain what the differences are between using this component and the build in e-mail service technology wise? Are they using different protocols or encryption?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Check this article: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/Configure_OutSystems_to_Send_Emails

I think the configuration is wrong.

Hope to help,

Cheers

There are two differences.

1. SSL (STARTTLS)

Platform will always use SSL.

SMTPClient can config whether use or not.

2. Library

SMTPClient use System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient(.NET Stack)  and JavaMail (Java Stack)

We don't know which library used by Platform.

So you'd better check whether you enable STARTTLS support of your SMTP Server.

If not, you need enable it.

If this still not work for your, you need contact OutSystems Support.

Regards

Wei