[Event System] Event System vs. Reactive Web Application

Forge Component
(37)
Published on 2019-06-11 by Leonardo Fernandes
37 votes
Published on 2019-06-11 by Leonardo Fernandes

Leonardo,

As I  understand, Event System doesn't work with Reactive Web Applications (RWA). Do you plan to implement some solution working with RWA?

Regards

Tomasz

Tomasz M. Lipinski wrote:

Leonardo,

As I  understand, Event System doesn't work with Reactive Web Applications (RWA). Do you plan to implement some solution working with RWA?

Regards

Tomasz

Hi,

Since the RWA use mobile components, they already add a event into development as default.

Can check?

Cheers

Hi,

Events are for communication from a WebBlock (Block) to its current parent. It is not the only usage of Event System. It  serves also for sending messages from the parent to its block-child (e.g. "validate your data"). It can be achieved using On Parameters Change event but it is not so friendly. It serves also for communication directly between block-siblings (blocks placed on the same screen). It can be achieved via their parent but again: it is not so friendly.

In both cases Event System makes the architecture clearer and easier to maintain.

Therefore my question (and petition :-))  is still valid.

Regards

Tomasz

Hi 

I do agree with Tomasz. This has been one of the most valuable components I have ever used and it helped a lot on our projects. Indeed Reactive brings some functionalities that replace this component, but not all and having the possibility to communicate between parent -> child like this does, is a very big feature. So ya, is there any plan to bring this to reactive?

Cheers

Luís