I recently deployed an application to production, and started getting an error on a workflow that I had not changed.

Error creating Email. String or binary data would be truncated.
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ID', table 'OSPRD1.dbo.OSSYS_EMAIL_CONTENT'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
The statement has been terminated.

When you read this and follow the stack trace this looks like something is failing in the platforms email content table? I am not sure what could be causing this, it is not an application I have a ton of familiarity with and I did not change anything to do with this workflow. Any tips on where to start looking?

Solution

Hi Jordan,

See if this post, which describes a similar problem with a possible solution, can help you.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Hi Jordan,

I agree with Nordin Ahdi, the issue is the field size of the table. Please increase the size of the attribute and it will solve the issues.

Thank you,

Sudip

Hi Jordan,

Is this error occuring every time a mail is going out from the environment or for a specific scenario where you have large contents being sent out in the email.

I have got such errors many time not in context of the email but other cases and the reason was inserting large data than the allowed length in the attribute.

Regards,

-PJ-

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Jordan,

See if this post, which describes a similar problem with a possible solution, can help you.

Regards,

Nordin

He seems to be editing part of the platform there to alter that attribute length? How does one get to that Sent_Email entity?

Hi Jordan,

The Emails API containing the email entities, should be part of the system module. Look into its dependencies.

Regards,

Nordin