Views
Comments
Error 405 when submitting a Post - Reactive Application
Question

Hello.

I am getting an error when i send an html form created by a Checkout.JS wich tokenizes a credit/debit card information, and sends it through a Html form, with a Post method to a webscreen, this webscreen has to get the form value.

When I tried it, it gave me an error:

“405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access.”

Thank you.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ammet,

So basically the error message tells you, that you cannot use the POST method.

Could you give more context or maybe share (part) of the OutSystems code?

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ammet ,

I found few posts on google and most of the people solved it with this. Please check below link if you can get any help.

https://forums.iis.net/t/1201030.aspx?405+HTTP+verb+used+to+access+this+page+is+not+allowed+

Regards,

-PJ-

Staff

Hi Ammet,

Another option you may want to explore is to create a rest service that supports post that then redirects to a reactive screen. 

Cheers,

Tiago Simões 

Staff

Hi Roman,

You can use the HTTPRequestHandler extension. You may need also to change the Rest API Method HTTP Method property to POST.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I needed

Hi Murat, it is exactly what has Tiago shown on the previous post. You have to change the StatusCode to 302 to perform URL redirection and add new header parameter "Location" with the text value of URL you want to redirect after procesing this POST.

Hope it helps
Roman

mvp_badge
MVP

Complementing this post

"Everything depends on the modules installed in your IIS, if you have configured so that your IIS has WebDAVModule enabled, it will limit your requests in GET and POST. To disable this module and release all verbs, just update your web.config as mine below

<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
<remove name="WebDAVModule"/>
</modules>
"

In this case the villain was the WebDav

Source: https://programadriano.medium.com/iis-erro-405-method-not-allowed-8fe7176f168