Hi,

I'm facing an issue with logging in on servicecenter and servicestudio on a new environment. I've installed a new environment and added it in lifetime. Once I connect from lifetime to servicecenter I login correctly. However, when i browse directly to https://mynewenvironment/servicecenter I have to login with my credentials. After entering the correct credentials I get this message: "Invalid username or password". 

 

I've checked the login with the ADAuthProvider module: https://mynewenvironment/ADAuthProvider/Test.aspx. This works correctly.

 

Any ideas?

Bas van den Bogaard wrote:

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with logging in on servicecenter and servicestudio on a new environment. I've installed a new environment and added it in lifetime. Once I connect from lifetime to servicecenter I login correctly. However, when i browse directly to https://mynewenvironment/servicecenter I have to login with my credentials. After entering the correct credentials I get this message: "Invalid username or password". 

 

I've checked the login with the ADAuthProvider module: https://mynewenvironment/ADAuthProvider/Test.aspx. This works correctly.

 

Any ideas?


Hi,


Maybe you have different users and password? Or if you already try too much, the platform block the access. Just try again more later.


Cheers

Hi,

When you go from lifetime to servicecenter, you can access it?
Can you check the permissions in the Users section (In lifetime) for that user (for that environment)?


BR,

Luis

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hi,

When you go from lifetime to servicecenter, you can access it?
Can you check the permissions in the Users section (In lifetime) for that user (for that environment)?


BR,

Luis

Hi Louis,

Yes. I can acces when I go from lifetime to servicecenter.

In Lifetime this user is administrator on all environments.



Hi Bas,

After the installation of the new environment, were you able to login in Service Center with the admin credentials provided in the configuration tool on the server?

If I understand correctly you have Active Directory configured as your external authentication provider for your other environments. Did you reconfigure the External Authentication by going through the wizard in Lifetime and successfully test the configuration for that new environment?

Some more information is needed to help you further.

Regards,

Nordin


Bas van den Bogaard wrote:

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hi,

When you go from lifetime to servicecenter, you can access it?
Can you check the permissions in the Users section (In lifetime) for that user (for that environment)?


BR,

Luis

Hi Louis,

Yes. I can acces when I go from lifetime to servicecenter.

In Lifetime this user is administrator on all environments.



Hi,


Event this user is administrator, he has the correct rules?


Cheers


Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Bas,

After the installation of the new environment, were you able to login in Service Center with the admin credentials provided in the configuration tool on the server?

If I understand correctly you have Active Directory configured as your external authentication provider for your other environments. Did you reconfigure the External Authentication by going through the wizard in Lifetime and successfully test the configuration for that new environment?

Some more information is needed to help you further.

Regards,

Nordin



Hi Nordin,


Hi Nordin,

 

What do you mean bythe admin credentials provided by the server? 

 

I didn't reconfigurethe external configuration for the new environment yet:

 


 

 

When I try to reconfigure, I get this:

 

 

When I skip this step some tests fail.

The test for the new environment (Dummy) succeeds. After that, the configurations are not applied. According to the log, the module is not in the global zone in two environments. However, in all environment the module is in the global zone:

Never mind about the admin credentials, because you have external authentication enabled.

So it seems the configurations are not correctly applied.

You say ADAuthProvider module is in the Global Zone for all environments. But are all the servers for 'Acceptatie' and 'Productie' associated with the Global Zone? 

It seems this not the case. Can you check?

Thiago Mari wrote:

Bas van den Bogaard wrote:

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hi,

When you go from lifetime to servicecenter, you can access it?
Can you check the permissions in the Users section (In lifetime) for that user (for that environment)?


BR,

Luis

Hi Louis,

Yes. I can acces when I go from lifetime to servicecenter.

In Lifetime this user is administrator on all environments.



Hi,


Event this user is administrator, he has the correct rules?


Cheers


Yes, full control


Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Never mind about the admin credentials, because you have external authentication enabled.

So it seems the configurations are not correctly applied.

You say ADAuthProvider module is in the Global Zone for all environments. But are all the servers for 'Acceptatie' and 'Productie' associated with the Global Zone? 

It seems this not the case. Can you check?

This option is checked in all environments


That's weird. If you made sure ADAuthProvider is part of the global zone, you will be able to find it in the eSpaces tab

If this is the case like you said, I'd advise you to create a solution containing all modules and publish it via Service Center. After that, test the external authentication configuration in Lifetime again.

Solution

Hi Nordin,

I've contacted Outsystems Support and they identified this as a bug introduced in version 11.0.212.3:

"Would you mind to confirm what is the default deployment zone for new eSpaces/Modules on the "failed" environments? If not the Global zone, kindly change that setting and try again, please.

The reason why we are asking you this is because we have identified a bug in our product introduced in version 11.0.212.3 and we have reported it internally in order to be addressed in a future platform version. Apparently, when this setting is defined for a zone, the platform is incorrectly interpreting that zone as the "Global" zone; Once you apply the "Default for new eSpaces" setting to the "Global" zone, all the existent warnings should disappear and you should be able to propagate the external authentication configuration to all environments.

Following that, our suggestion at this point is for you to maintain the "Default for new eSpaces" setting on the "Global" zone for the time being. What this means is that new deployments should automatically go into this zone, and you'll need to manually move them to a different one if needed."


After changing the default zone to Global for each environment I was able to configure the external authentication.

Thanks for your input!

Solution

Hi Bas,

Ah so your default zone was not configured to be the Global Zone and that's why the external authentication configuration failed.  

I'm glad this bug was already on OutSystems' radar and their support team was able to help you out with that! 

Also thanks for sharing this here. This can be of great help for other community members who run against the same issue.

Regards,

Nordin