[CKEditor.Reactive] Not able add font family in CKeditor

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 7 May by João Rafael Capucha
1 vote
Published on 7 May by João Rafael Capucha

Hi Team,

I am trying to add font family to ck editor but was not able to add.

i tried to add :

But did not get any success.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Amreen

In the following link you can configure toolbar items with JSON output, which you can use.

https://ckeditor.com/latest/samples/toolbarconfigurator/index.html#basic

Solution

Hi,

try to add font extra plugin in config like below.

extraPlugins: 'wordcount,notification,font',

Regards,

Solution

Hi Amreen,

I had a deep dive in the same & found that none of the workaround available or suggested will work for you.

Despite it, just a tool configuration & you get the effective changes... Before we come to the root cause, just to share with you the CKEditor is a paid product :)

https://ckeditor.com/legal/ckeditor-oss-license/

Hence they provide their respective versions in the segregation of packages, where the most basic version is free.

Now the root cause why we fail to get the FONT  Dropdown not showing might be this plugin itself using the basic package of version 4.11.4.

Link: https://ckeditor.com/ckeditor-4/download/

Try to download all the 3 packages & after u extract them, goto samples folder & open index.html.

There u will find the difference between these packages. As far as my observation the plugin used the basic packages coz the basic package also does not provide the FONT.

So if there's no lib or a package exist in resource then all the solution...simply fail.

I tried to replace the resources with the downloaded one, but I failed to find a feasible way to move the downloaded structure i.e Lib to the Plugin resource folder... same way the owner of the plugin did.

Hope it helps,

assif_tiger

Hi Amreen,

So far just by adding font in extraPlugins configuration in the demo app of CKEditor.Reactive Demo app. Font and Font Size dropdown were available for me.

Regards.

Hi,

Not sure the version, I just installed it from forge and changed the config in sample app.

Regards.

Prasad Rao wrote:

Hi,

Not sure the version, I just installed it from forge and changed the config in sample app.

Regards.

Thanks, Prasad, 

This one works.

Prasad Rao wrote:

Hi,

try to add font extra plugin in config like below.

extraPlugins: 'wordcount,notification,font',

Regards,

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for the reply. It worked for traditional web. I am not able to find the config of toolbar in Reactive.

Thanks,

Amreen

Hi,

In the demo app its available in OnInitialize action in "SET Configs" assignment.

Regards.

Prasad Rao wrote:

Hi,

In the demo app its available in OnInitialize action in "SET Configs" assignment.

Regards.

Its not on OnInitialize() action its working on OnReady() action that too with out font and font size.

Regards,

Amreen

Thanks, @Prasad for the fast answer. To help next users, I added into the demo inside the configs of the word count the option to use the font family.  

Fábio Fantato wrote:

Thanks, @Prasad for the fast answer. To help next users, I added into the demo inside the configs of the word count the option to use the font family.  

Thanks Fabio for the demo app.

Regards,

Amreen

Hi All, 

Thank you for the demo. Is there a way to include any other font-family apart from the list provided by default in the Font drop down. 

Thanks in advance.

Priya