Is there any message box with ok button so that I can hold?

Do we have any message widget or component with okay button so that user can hold until press the button like in desktop development we used or like javascript alert ?

Hi Manish,

If you setup a Confirmation Message I believe it will do what you need.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Hello Manish,

As Tiago suggested there is Confirmation Message attribute which act as alert. You just need to type message over there.

Cheers

Hello Manish,

Tiago gave you the default solution. Adding a message to a button will trigger the default Confirmation Dialog of the browser. 

As an alternative, If you need something fancier, you can use one of the options available in the Forge, or create one yourself:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Search.aspx?q=dialog&t=&o=&tr=False&oss=False&c=&a=&v=&hd=False&tn=&scat=forge

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Manish,

Tiago gave you the default solution. Adding a message to a button will trigger the default Confirmation Dialog of the browser. 

As an alternative, If you need something fancier, you can use one of the options available in the Forge, or create one yourself:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Search.aspx?q=dialog&t=&o=&tr=False&oss=False&c=&a=&v=&hd=False&tn=&scat=forge

Cheers

How can I create my own component for this?

Hello Manish,

I would start by taking a look at how the ones available at the Forge were made. You may found something that is suitable for you or at least you have something you can use as a starting point to create your own.

Just remember that the option given by Tiago is the easiest way of achieving a "confirmation", as the platform will have the code to "continue the execution if the user press "OK", or stop it if the user press "Cancel", without anything extra. If you use something different, be it a Modal, a block, a popup, etc, you will need extra logic to effectively execute the action.

Cheers.

Tiago Gomes wrote:

Hi Manish,

If you setup a Confirmation Message I believe it will do what you need.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Hi Tiago,

This is working for button property but I want a message popup in the flow chart of client action like "message".
but the message prompts and it disappeared 

Hi Manish,

Sorry, but your message wasn't clear for me. Can you try to give us an example of what you're trying to accomplish? The confirmation message is usually used to confirm some action, for example, "Are you sure you want to...".

If you're looking for some kind of popups, probably you should use Modals (Tutorial) or Popups. Have you also take a look at this? 

Let me know for further questions,

Regards.