Setting site properties in a jenkins pipeline

When deploying applications using a pipeline in jenkins, I would like the ability to set site.properties. 

I have tried the early access features in Lifetime to set site.properties during deployment, but I have a need to set this during the automated process. 

Is there any way to do this? 

Solution

Hi Bjorn,

AFAIK the feature that you're looking for is not available during the automated process through jenkins , however if you think that this could be a required feature you can post your thoughts under Idea

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

Hi,

You could try the following two alternative approaches:

1. Use an On-publish timer that sets the site properties. The server action need to check the target environment to decide the values of the site properties.

2. Create a REST Api that allows you to set the site properties, the effective values can then be parameters, the REST API you can then call in your Jenkins pipeline, after succesvull deployment in the target environment with the correct parameters.

But as Pramod already mentioned, creating an idea to improve the LifeTime deployment API to also set site properties would be great. I will vote on it.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for the replies.

I will post this under Ideas.

We have already tried your 2nd suggestion Daniël, but it looks like the changes does not take effect (applications using properties, still get the old value) until you manually go in and press save on each property. 

Hi Bjorn.

Have you tried this Forge component? https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/3966/properties-services

Notice: This component takes advantage of private and undocumented Platform APIs, which can change without notice. As a result, this component may unexpectedly break as the Platform is upgraded. We advise proper testing to ensure that your applications continue to work as expected when upgrading/patching the Platform.

Taking this disclaimer into consideration, is something you can use while we don't provide an API for that.

Thank you.