Record List to Excel Via Pop Up Window

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with exporting data from a table to Excel using a popup window.

What should happen is that a user clicks an 'Export to Excel' button on a screen. This then opens a popup window where the user can select what type of report they would like. Once they choose the report type, a For Each loop through the table and uses the RecordListToExcel and downloads the report.

My dilemma is where do I do the export to excel action? I tried to use the Popup_Editor_Notify to call the On Notify action in the Export to Excel button to download the correct type of report. However, I was getting a server error, which I guess is happening because the OnClick Method is 'Navigate' instead of 'Submit'. 

I then tried to do the export in the screen action within the popup screen when I click the relevant report type. However, I'm not sure what the best way is to reference the table.

Any advice with be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Asha

It depends Asha! 

If you need information from the parent screen to build any of the reports, the Popup_Editor_Notify action is a good solution, if you don't then export from the pop up is also good. 

Regards

Graça

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

It depends Asha! 

If you need information from the parent screen to build any of the reports, the Popup_Editor_Notify action is a good solution, if you don't then export from the pop up is also good. 

Regards

Graça

Hey Maria,

I need information from the parent screen. The action I have worked when I run it in debug, but I get this error in the front end.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I know it's not a server issue. I'm pretty sure its to go with the fact that the Export to Excel buttons method is Navigate and not submit.

Thanks, Asha

Solution

Hi Asha Vadher,

You can use a widget_click(), in a button with display:none;
That button have the Submit Method().

Hope i Could help,

Best regard,
PVN

Solution

Pedro Vila Nova wrote:

Hi Asha Vadher,

You can use a widget_click(), in a button with display:none;