I am looking for a way to publish a module via API or action, to automate what happens when you click "1-click publish" button in service studio or "publish" button in service center.

Is this possible?

I saw examples using some "service studio" service or "Solutions" service, but those don't work because login is not accepted (no matter if I pass it clean or hash or taken directly from User entity, and if I try example from forge unchanged). If anyone knows how this can be solved - can be also a good starting point.

UPD. I also checked LifeTime API, but it only has methods to deploy from one environment to another, I don't see anything there to publish a module inside the same environment. Not sure if it is worth trying to specify the same code of source and target environments (taking into account that it will take time to build code to test it).

Hi Igor,

Have you checked Lifetime deployment APIs? It provides interface to do the version tagging, deployment etc. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/LifeTime_Deployment_API_v2

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Igor,

Have you checked Lifetime deployment APIs? It provides interface to do the version tagging, deployment etc. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/LifeTime_Deployment_API_v2

Yes, I have checked it, but it only has methods to deploy from one environment to another, or is it possible to use inside the same environment?

I also tried to quickly check how it looks with demo application from forge, but it doesn't work.

Can you please explain your use case. How you are going to use that feature.

I want to build automatic refresh of dependencies. The idea for it is to be similar to what solution publish does, but will not block the environment for hours and can be run in the background any time.

Hi Igor,

You can try and use command line. You can check it here. You can create an extension to run this or use this component.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Igor,

You can try and use command line. You can check it here. You can create an extension to run this or use this component.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks, but this can publish only full solution, and needs to have it downloaded as a file, as I understand.

Hi Igor,

I was pointing to the PublishFactory. If that is not granular enough for you maybe you can download the file with the help of the Lifetime API you can check it here

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Igor,

I was pointing to the PublishFactory. If that is not granular enough for you maybe you can download the file with the help of the Lifetime API you can check it here

Regards,

Marcelo

PublishFactory? Ok, I noticed this only now... What does it mean? Will it publish all modules in the environment? And will it use auto-solution for this or some other way?

Hi Igor,

It publishes all modules of the environment except system components. to be honest dunno how it works on the background.

Regards,

Marcelo