How to make external URLs open in another tab?

Hi,

I am creating a traditional website where users can click a button and it will lead to an external site using the external URL link but it does not open in a new tab and instead redirects to the external URL with the current tab. Is it possible to direct users to an external website with another tab instead of using the same one?

Hello Jonathan

You need to add this property on the link/button:

target = "_blank"

Hope it helps!

BR,

Luis

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Jonathan

target = "_blank"

Hope it helps!

BR,

Luis

Hi Luis,

I am still not able to open it in a new tab.

I have set the extended properties correctly. Is this due to the destination being that of a server action?

This is the inside of the BuyerPurchaseProduct action.

Thanks.

Solution

Hi Jonathan,

target= "_blank" in the extended properties of a button or a link only works if the Method = Navigate and not if it is Submit or Ajax Submit.

What you can do is performing a Widget_Click on another (hidden) button or link at the end of your screen action flow, which performs the navigate to an ExternalURL with the extended property set to target = "_blank".

Hope this helps!

Nordin

Solution

Jonathan Ng wrote:

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Jonathan

target = "_blank"

Hope it helps!

BR,

Luis

Hi Luis,

I am still not able to open it in a new tab.

I have set the extended properties correctly. Is this due to the destination being that of a server action?

This is the inside of the BuyerPurchaseProduct action.

Thanks.

Hi!

I think the ExternalURL are called directy form the action. In that case you need to have other button (with method navigate) that call only the ExernalURL and click on it in that action.

BR,

Luis