"The environment you are logged into does not support..."anything

So yesterday I was working on an app, published some changes, all seemed fine. Today I try to open that same app, from the same account, different machine, and suddenly I get "24 errors" all about "The environment you're logged into doesn't support client variables for mobile and reactive apps", doesn't support reactive web, theme editor, screen data dependencies, is form default property for buttons in mobile and reactive modules...

Basically it looks like it stopped supporting everything overnight. The same happens with all my other appsI checked the environment version and there are no upgrades.


Edit: So the app and environment were first installed on Machine A. Then I accessed the app from Machine B, same account, made changes, published. Today, trying to access the app from Machine A again, brings up the above errors. I tried with Machine B and that actually works. But it doesn't help, since that's my home machine, and I'm not at home all the time. Do I specify somewhere which machine I'm able to use for my account/environment?

Hello Akis. 

What type of environment are you talking about? Is it a personal or an enterprise environment? 

Are you sure you are opening, in Service Studio, the right environment? (I know, but we have to ask because sometimes we connect to the wrong one...) 

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Akis. 

What type of environment are you talking about? Is it a personal or an enterprise environment? 

Are you sure you are opening, in Service Studio, the right environment? (I know, but we have to ask because sometimes we connect to the wrong one...) 

Cheers

Hi Eduardo, thanks for the response. I'm using a personal environment. And yes, I am connecting to the same environment I always connect in service studio (my personal one). For some reason it works on Machine B but not on Machine A.

So, check Service Studio version. 

Maybe the version in the machine it is not working is not prepared to work with Reactive applications... 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

So, check Service Studio version. 

Maybe the version in the machine it is not working is not prepared to work with Reactive applications... 

That's the first thing I did. They are both up to date. 11.6.22 on both machines. Only works on machine B, even though the app was originally created on Machine A.


This is veeery strange. 

If it is the same environment and the same SS, there is absolutely no reason to this to happen. 

Is there anything different in the machines itself, like Operating System, etc? 

Are they connected through a different Internet connection? 

I would try to uninstall/reinstall SS in the machine that is not working and see if this solves the problem... 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

This is veeery strange. 

If it is the same environment and the same SS, there is absolutely no reason to this to happen. 

Is there anything different in the machines itself, like Operating System, etc? 

Are they connected through a different Internet connection? 

I would try to uninstall/reinstall SS in the machine that is not working and see if this solves the problem... 

Yes, I also thought I should try reinstalling as a last resort. Both machines use the same Operating System, they are both connected to the internet but from a different connection and IP address obviously, as machine B is my home machine and machine A my "remote" machine.


Eduardo Jauch wrote:

This is veeery strange. 

If it is the same environment and the same SS, there is absolutely no reason to this to happen. 

Is there anything different in the machines itself, like Operating System, etc? 

Are they connected through a different Internet connection? 

I would try to uninstall/reinstall SS in the machine that is not working and see if this solves the problem... 

Hi Eduardo, reinstalled the entire environment, same errors on all my apps. Any other ideas?

Hi Akis 

Have you refreshed your dependencies in your machine A. 

if not try again after refreshing them.

Hello Akis,

I find this really strange.

If you are connecting to the same environment on both machines, through the same Service Studio, this shouldn't be happening. At all.

Because the license is on the environment, not in your machine.

Another possibility (and this is a looooooooong shot and just guessing) is that your "remote" machine is somehow blocking those features through blocking the communication between the Service Studio and the Environment. You may try to see Firewall, Proxy and things like the system logs to see if there is any information there.

I still think connecting to different environments (with the one you're connecting in the remote machine) should be the only reason for this to happen... But I know you already told you are connecting to the same environment, though. So, out of ideas.

I'll ask around. If I find someone that may know something about this, I'll ask them to give a word here.

In the meantime, hit the Support :)

Cheers

Poonam Verma wrote:

Hi Akis 

Have you refreshed your dependencies in your machine A. 

if not try again after refreshing them.


Tried that just now, still same issue unfortunately.

Hi Akis,

Can you tell us what is the Development Environment (also known as Service Studio) version you have installed on both machines? (something like 11.6.1 or 11.6.22, for instance).

Can you please check if the OutSystems Environment server you are connecting to from your Service Studio in machine A is the same as the server you are connecting to from Service Studio on machine B? (you can find this on the bottom right corner of your Service Studio window).

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Akis,

Can you tell us what is the Development Environment (also known as Service Studio) version you have installed on both machines? (something like 11.6.1 or 11.6.22, for instance).

Can you please check if the OutSystems Environment server you are connecting to from your Service Studio in machine A is the same as the server you are connecting to from Service Studio on machine B? (you can find this on the bottom right corner of your Service Studio window).

Hi Jorge, I'm using 11.6.22, build 8324. I can confirm that I'm connecting to exactly the same server on both machine, as indicated in the bottom right corner of the service studio. I see exactly the same apps on both machines. The problem is that on Machine A it doesn't run anymore due to the slew of errors I mentioned above.


Hi, Are connecting using the same User? (This was remembered by Ruben as a possibility for this to happen)

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, Are connecting using the same User? (This was remembered by Ruben as a possibility for this to happen)

Hey Eduardo, yes, I'm connecting as the same user. I'm looking at the bottom right of the service studio to confirm that both machines are connected through the same user, to the same personal environment.


So, I will come back to my previous suggestion, that something in the machine Service Studio installation is "broken" (but reinstalling Service Studio was not enough to fix it), or you have something in that specific network that is blocking some features...

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

So, I will come back to my previous suggestion, that something in the machine Service Studio installation is "broken" (but reinstalling Service Studio was not enough to fix it), or you have something in that specific network that is blocking some features...

I think too think it may have something to do with the network. I will look more into it next week and report back. Do you happen to know which addresses service studio communicates with in order to configure specific whitelist rules in the network? Both ingoing and outgoing? It's just strange because if an outsystems domain address was blocked by the network then I probably wouldn't be able to access most of the sites on the outsystems domain either.


Sorry, 

I don't have such a list. I already saw things like the rendering of a Web Screen Canvas in SS getting "slow" because of proxies, but never saw a network configuration stop it from working.

Another possibility is if the .Net framework is not the appropriated one... This is also something you should checking, to see which version each machine is using...

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Sorry, 

I don't have such a list. I already saw things like the rendering of a Web Screen Canvas in SS getting "slow" because of proxies, but never saw a network configuration stop it from working.

Another possibility is if the .Net framework is not the appropriated one... This is also something you should checking, to see which version each machine is using...

Each computer can have installed and use multiple different .Net framework versions at the same time, and version requirement check is probably part of the installation pack of outsystems, so I doubt it has anything to do with that, since I already tried a clean re-install.


I already was able to install, recently, a version of SS that need a higher version of .Net than the one installed. The error appeared only when I tried to do some specific things inside it... :(

SS is still a software and sometimes it can have bugs.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

I already was able to install, recently, a version of SS that need a higher version of .Net than the one installed. The error appeared only when I tried to do some specific things inside it... :(

SS is still a software and sometimes it can have bugs.

Fair enough, although I still doubt that would be it, since the SS version I had from the day it was working to the day it stopped working didn't change. And I didn't uninstall any .NET framework from my pc. Do you know which .NET framework SS uses however in order to check just in case?


Hi, 

I think latest version requires version 4.8