Disabling ECT in a specific screen

Disabling ECT in a specific screen

Hi everybody,

My eSpace has a webscreen, MailTemplate, that is used to generate the HTML body of an email.

Whenever the application needs to send the email, it makes an HTTP call to this screen, via RichMail.HttpGet, to generate the HMTL that will be the body of the email. But, because ECT is configured for this eSpace, it'll be appended to the end of the email.

How can I disable ECT for this specific screen, MailTemplate, so I can send a "clean" email?
Thanks,
Alexandre

Hi,

Within the ECT solution there is an extension, 'ECT_Controller', that has an action called 'RemoveScreenFeedback'. Invoke this action in your screen preparation to disable ECT. This should do it.

Best Regards,

João Portela

Hi João,

it worked.

Thanks,
Alexandre
Hi João,

I want exactly the opposite. I want to enable the ECT in a popup window.
I think that in the previous versions, it appears inside a popup window.

How can I enable the ECT in a popup window?

Thanks,

Best Reggards,
Nuno Mendes

Hi Nuno,

The last version of the ECT (5.0.6) also includes the content of the Popup balloons. This allows you to see popups' content when displaying submitted ECT feedback.  Is this enough?

Regards,
João Portela

Hi João,

In the project that I am, We are using the 4.2 Platform Server Version and we don't have a prespective to upgrade it soon.

Is there any other work around to use the ECT inside a popup editor?

Thanks.

Best reggards,
Nuno Mendes
Hi Nuno,

Indeed this feature was not implemented in 4.2 version. I'll give a look if there is a work around that you could apply.

regards,
João Portela

OK João,

Thanks for your attention.

Best Reggards,
Nuno Mendes
Hi Nuno,

I gave a look and the disabling of ECT in the popups is being done inside the RichWidgets. I don't recomned to change this "code" since you'll be doing it for the entire factory.

You can add some javascript in the popup screens where you want the ECT to appear. The javascript you need to add is:
   osjs(function(){ osjs(document).find('.ECT_FeedbackContainer').show(); });
But, since web-block javascript is being executer after page javascript, you need to for the load of this javascript after the web-block. I've tried adding a late-load and execute this javasript in the late load action, and it worked.

It's not pretty but it does the job.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

Regards,
João Portela

Hi João,

I'm not sure If I am doing it right. I have created a WebBlock with a list late load (richwidgets), and I have put the javascript in the webblock property but it does not work. What do you mean with «execute the javascript in the late load action»?

Thanks for the help.

Best Reggards,
Hi Nuno,

You can use action RunJavaScript ( of extension RichWidgetsExtension) in the action called by the late load.

This action receives the javascript you want to execute, in this case: "osjs(function(){ osjs(document).find('.ECT_FeedbackContainer').show(); });"

Regards,
João Portela
Thanks for the help João,

It works, I didn't know that action from the RichWidget Extension, this will be useful in the future.

Best Reggards,

Nuno Mendes