[Mobile and React Translations] Reactive web support

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 3 Sep (3 weeks ago) by Remco Dekkinga
13 votes
Published on 3 Sep (3 weeks ago) by Remco Dekkinga

Is it possible to add Reactive web support for this component? Currently, it does not support translations for these applications since only applications of ApplicationKind RuntimeKind.Mobile are allowed to be added. I've added ApplicationKind RuntimeKind.CrossDevice to also find Reactive web applications and create Translations for that.

also adapt the preparation query on the applications screen. Remove the filter on the type of application. There's no need. If the application is in the TranslatedApplication table, it should be shown.

Jordy Heijnen wrote:

Is it possible to add Reactive web support for this component? Currently, it does not support translations for these applications since only applications of ApplicationKind RuntimeKind.Mobile are allowed to be added. I've added ApplicationKind RuntimeKind.CrossDevice to also find Reactive web applications and create Translations for that.

Hi,

maybe this article can helps you Jordy.

Cheers

Hi Miguel,

I've read the article, but I've already used Multilingual component & an adjusted version of your Mobile Translations component to create translations for a Reactive web application. However, as suggested by me and Kurt, the current Forge version of Mobile translations does not support adding translations for purely Reactive web applications (not even the newer version 1.0.5).

This is due to a filter in the Applications screen preparation aggregates. Those are filtered to only show Mobile applications. Add also a filter for Runtimekind.CrossDevice applications and Reactive web applications are supported (or remove the filter as Kurt suggests). This runtimekind is only available in O11 (not in O10). 

Hope you can make this work in a future updated version.

Hi Jordy,

Thanks for your suggestion, we will take this development soon. Thanks again for the message Jordy and Kurt.

Best regards,
Miguel