External Site Credentials

External Site Credentials

Hi,

I need to send credentials to an external URL.

The external URL is not an Web Service.
Even so, can the Enhanced Web References be used?

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks
Best Regards
Nuno Azevedo

That will depend on the other server configuration on how it receives authentication info.

Some servers allow urls like http://username:password@servername/path/ others will need the authorization header in the request.

Cheers,

Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

"Some servers allow urls like http://username:password@servername/path/ others will need the authorization header in the request."

If the other site requires the authorization header in the request how can we do that in OutSystems?
Thanks
Best Regards
Nuno Azevedo

Hi Nuno,

In that case I believe you need to create an extension in Integration Studio to make that call.

Cheers,

Tiago Simões

Hi Nuno

I assume that you want the external site to use your outsystem website credentials?

In this case, it would be best to create an outsystems web service and have your external site consume this web service.

Hi Nuno,

"If the other site requires the authorization header in the request how can we do that in OutSystems?"

It is not possible to redirect the end-user's browser to an external site, and specify the headers for such request. This is a browser limitation, not a platform limitation.

However, you can execute HTTP requests in the server to any accessible external web server. This is done via extensions, and in this case you can specify the headers you need.

Cheers,

Lúcio

Hi,

I'm trying to call a Reporting Services Report.

And I have to pass credentials to open the report.

What is the best approach?
Thanks
Nuno Azevedo

Hi Nuno,

have you considered using integrated authentication with the Microsoft Reporting Services? In most cases the browser would negotiate the credentials with the server without requesting any information from the end user, and your application could just redirect to the correct URL without any authentication concerns.

Lúcio