I'm using Version 11.6.23 Build 8620

I have an action with a switch component that never runs. Here's the action.

When I debug, the breakpoint at Start is hit. Then I press F10 or F11 (Step Over or Step Into) once and the indicator disappears. It does not proceed to Switch. It does not go to any other component. It does not show up as an error. It just disappears. If I hit F10 or F11 again, the indicator appears at End. Switch and IsSuccessful never run. The only things that run are Start and End.

Any ideas why this might be happening.

Thanks,

Hi.. When you get into this debugging, what is the value of your ...SQL_Table element?  Have you checked service center for errors? Is there anything there?

Hi Kevin,

The module where this action is the entry module? If not did you updated the references?

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

As Marcelo Ferreira suggested, this typically occurs when you make a change in a core module, publish it but don't refresh the dependencies on the consumer entry module.

You can try refreshing the dependencies to see if it works.

Solution

Lucas Gonçalves Vilela Fernandez wrote:

As Marcelo Ferreira suggested, this typically occurs when you make a change in a core module, publish it but don't refresh the dependencies on the consumer entry module.

You can try refreshing the dependencies to see if it works.

I believe this was an unrefreshed dependency issue. I've changed enough things to be uncertain. The Switch was in a Core module and I believe the main module was essentially running an older version of the Core module and thus not seeing the newly added Switch. The funny part was that the Main module did not indicate that the Core module needed to be refreshed. Anyway, it is working now.

Thanks everyone, for your help.