[Geofencing plugin] Error generating android app

Hi everyone

I'm testing the geofence pluging and, when i try to generate the android app in order to test in my smartphone, i get an error:

Error generating application. At least one Cordova plugin used in the build requires an AndroidX library, which is not currently compatible with MABS. Check your plugins configuration.

I've tried to change the MABS version for this module, but it happens the same for all versions available on Service Center.

Can anyone help me with this issue ?

Thanks in advance

Francisco Alberto Donat Guijarro wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm testing the geofence pluging and, when i try to generate the android app in order to test in my smartphone, i get an error:

Error generating application. At least one Cordova plugin used in the build requires an AndroidX library, which is not currently compatible with MABS. Check your plugins configuration.

I've tried to change the MABS version for this module, but it happens the same for all versions available on Service Center.

Thanks in advance

"At least one Cordova plugin used in the build requires an AndroidX library," :

- You need a MABS version which supports Android-10, now either you set to MABS-6 & then update all plugins accordingly. And for sure check the compatibility of that version with MABS-6.0.

- Addition to this check whether the version you are using also support MABS-6 for desired corodova engine.

Note: Better you post all the plugins with forge url , u are using in app, so that folks can help u in a right direction.

Francisco Alberto Donat Guijarro wrote:

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

The only plugin i'm using is this: geofence plugin 

Hi,

This one is a known issue with MABS 5 & 4:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Troubleshooting/MABS_Upgrade_Troubleshooting_Guide_-_Android

Set the MABS Version to MABS 6.0 Manually [ Not allow OS to select AUTO ] & Try to rebuild.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of this plugin.

or 

The issue is as of the plugin using an AndroidX ref & it may/not be compatible with MABS 6.0

Because I see the latest version is published on 

Plugin AndroidX Gradle Consume :

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi,

This one is a known issue with MABS 5 & 4:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Troubleshooting/MABS_Upgrade_Troubleshooting_Guide_-_Android

Set the MABS Version to MABS 6.0 Manually [ Not allow OS to select AUTO ] & Try to rebuild.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of this plugin.

or 

The issue is as of the plugin using an AndroidX ref & it may/not be compatible with MABS 6.0

Because I see the latest version is published on 

Plugin AndroidX Gradle Consume :

Hi assif_tiger

I think that the problem is due to option 2. Inside the plugin there is a reference to a library that depends on Android X, that is not supported by MABS. I've tried with all MABS versiones available on Service Center, and the result is the same for all of them.

Any solutions, apart from modifying the plugin ?

Thanks in advance

I got the same issue. Any solutions to this issue?

try to follow the instruction given on this link,.,,it solve my issues ang kindly lock the plugin to MABS 6.3 Beta also your main application

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Mobile_Apps_Build_Service/Android_Support_Library_Versions_for_MABS

Yes agree