RWA - Blocks and Events - Server Side Caching is not licensed warning

Hi there,

What does "Server Side Caching is not licensed warning and will not be effective.." means?

I am currently implementing Blocks and Events Exercise, from RWA guided path and I noticed the above, using my personal environment.

Can anyone point me to some material where this is further explained, please?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

R

Hi Ritchel,

Are you developing this demo in another application? or in a fresh one. I am asking because in block and event exercise there is nothing related to service side caching.

Can you please also check and let us know if you are getting this error only in the application you have created for this excercise or for all applications in your personal environment.

Dear Ritchel,

I tried CacheInMinutes attribute for a server action on both my Personal Environment and Company's On Premises Environment.

For my personal environment, I also got the same warning which you are getting.
It means, Cache in Minutes is not available for free personal environments because it may consume more memory and storage.

For other paid license types, its available and if configured, the warning message is not displayed.

Hope your doubt is clear.

Thanks & Regards,
Palak Patel

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Ritchel,

Are you developing this demo in another application? or in a fresh one. I am asking because in block and event exercise there is nothing related to service side caching.

Can you please also check and let us know if you are getting this error only in the application you have created for this excercise or for all applications in your personal environment.

Hi Nikhil,

Noticed this error only in this specific application for this exercise.  I have been doing my Mobile online course since yesterday and was good. 

I started by installing the provided oap from Resource. Would you know if there is something within the exercise that I missed that could have caused it?  I wish to learn about it.  

Thank you for looking into this.

Kind regards,

Ritchel

Palak Patel wrote:

Dear Ritchel,

I tried CacheInMinutes attribute for a server action on both my Personal Environment and Company's On Premises Environment.

For my personal environment, I also got the same warning which you are getting.
It means, Cache in Minutes is not available for free personal environments because it may consume more memory and storage.

For other paid license types, its available and if configured, the warning message is not displayed.

Hope your doubt is clear.

Thanks & Regards,
Palak Patel

Hi Palak,

Thanks for introducing "CacheInMinutes" concept to me.  

The exercise already came with all server actions' CacheInMinutes property already set to blank.

Also based on the below definition and server action configuration nothing should be cached, right?  I would really like to understand, why did I get the warning again? 

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Ritchel

Dear Ritchel,

I tried to remove Cache In Minutes from my server action and now it stopped showing that warning for my personal environment.

The tutorial exercise which you are using might have some other server action dependencies/actions/aggregates which are using Cache In Minutes property.

What you can try is

1) Create a sample mobile app in your environment and don't use any of the dependencies.
You will not receive that warning after that. 

2) For current application, check all dependencies actions/aggregates/data tables for Cache in Minutes Property.

Thanks & Regards,
Palak Patel

Solution

Ritchel Magtibay wrote:

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Ritchel,

Hi Nikhil,

Noticed this error only in this specific application for this exercise.  I have been doing my Mobile online course since yesterday and was good. 

I started by installing the provided oap from Resource. Would you know if there is something within the exercise that I missed that could have caused it?  I wish to learn about it.  

Kind regards,

Ritchel

Hi Ritchel,

I have checked your application and there is nothing in your module which may cause this warning. It is because of some depedency that you are using in your app.

But you can still continue your leanring as this is just a warning and will not block your application from running.

Solution

Hi Ritchel,

The Server Side Caching feature is not licensed for personal environments.

Regards,

Daniel

Palak Patel wrote:

Dear Ritchel,

I tried to remove Cache In Minutes from my server action and now it stopped showing that warning for my personal environment.

The tutorial exercise which you are using might have some other server action dependencies/actions/aggregates which are using Cache In Minutes property.

What you can try is

1) Create a sample mobile app in your environment and don't use any of the dependencies.
You will not receive that warning after that. 

2) For current application, check all dependencies actions/aggregates/data tables for Cache in Minutes Property.

Thanks & Regards,
Palak Patel

I was not able to identify which one.  But I appreciate your help with this, Palak.  Thank you.

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Ritchel Magtibay wrote:

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Ritchel,

Hi Nikhil,

Kind regards,

Ritchel

Hi Ritchel,

I have checked your application and there is nothing in your module which may cause this warning. It is because of some depedency that you are using in your app.

But you can still continue your leanring as this is just a warning and will not block your application from running.

Thank you, Nikhil.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Ritchel,

The Server Side Caching feature is not licensed for personal environments.

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you, Daniel.  I guess I will just ignore the warning as advised.