Hi All 

I have two tables for both vertical and horizontal data. Can we recreate the attached image format in outsystems?  If yes, then what should be done to achieve it?

Regards

Kavya Balaji

Hi Kavya,

How is your data stored? Because it's easy to recreate your image if you have Records/Structures containing six booleans and the description.

Hi Kilian

My data are stored in database, the row wise data is stored as normal entity and the column data is stored as static entity.

Can you share the data model (Entity Diagram)? That will make it easier to propose a solution.

Yes, I have attached my entity diagram along with this post.

Solution

Thanks. I think it's easy: since all the columns (except for Import/Export, I don't see those) are in ModulePermission, you create an Aggregate that joins ModulePermission (with a Filter on EmployeeId) with ModuleDetails, and put the result in a TableRecords. Since the Read/Write/Create/Delete Attributes are booleans, you can add checkboxes and bind them to the Attributes.

Solution

Hi Kavya,

Picking the correct idea of Kilian, you can scaffold the entity ModulePermission and create a ModulePermissionList screen.

After that, go to the preparation and change the type of join to "With" with the entity Employee to ensure that appear every employee in the list, even if it does not have any record in ModulePermission entity.

Then, as Kilian says, replace the "expressions" in the table regarding the boolean attributes (ex. Read, Write) with check boxes and bind them to the list record attributes.

Finally, create the "Save" button that goes throw every record and "CreateOrUpdate" them.

I think that I didn't bypass any action. Tell us if you find any problem.

Regards

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Thanks. I think it's easy: since all the columns (except for Import/Export, I don't see those) are in ModulePermission, you create an Aggregate that joins ModulePermission (with a Filter on EmployeeId) with ModuleDetails, and put the result in a TableRecords. Since the Read/Write/Create/Delete Attributes are booleans, you can add checkboxes and bind them to the Attributes.

Thanks a lot Kilian and Tiago. I got the expected output

Good to hear Kavya, happy coding!

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Good to hear Kavya, happy coding!

Thanks again Kilian :)