Forge Component
(5)
Published on 3 Jul (12 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
5 votes
Published on 3 Jul (12 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Good morning!

I'm trying to create a Reactive Web App in OS11.

The database that has the information needed is in a Google Cloud Environment, so, I created an external database connection.

After that, when I try to drag the entity to the Main Flow to scaffold a new screen, I got the error that the Outsystems UI Reactive theme needed to be updated. Looking for the update, it gave me the warning that my Service Studio version was not compatible with it (my version is 11.6.24). In attach you can check the component updated.

I updated even so, restart the Service Studio and created a new app again.

The error desappeared, but the scaffolding did not work. I tried to create a normal entity and drag it to the main flow and it created the screen successfully, but with the external entities did not work.

Additionally, when I updated the Outsystems UI Reactive component, it appear new errors from the initial theme layouts (incompatibility as shown in attach).

Best regards,

Tiago Rodrigues

Hi Tiago,

Have you tried updating OutSystems UI?
Regarding external entities I believe they need to have an identifier for scaffolding to work.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Yes I have updated both OutSystems UI and Outsystems UI Responsive.

Before updating an error appear when scaffolding saying that I needed to update. After updating, the error desappear but nothing happens when dragged and dropped the entity.

In the next images you can see the order of my actions. You can see that I drag the entity but nothing happens.

You can also check that every entity has an identifier.

Hi Tiago,

Could you please go to Help > Give Us Feedback in Service Studio and explain that you are trying to use scaffolding in reactive, so we can take a look at the issue.

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Yes sure Tiago. 

I already made a support ticket with that. Bruno Mexia is helping me.

Thanks for the help!

Regards

Tiago Rodrigues wrote:

Yes sure Tiago. 

I already made a support ticket with that. Bruno Mexia is helping me.

Thanks for the help!

Regards

Hello Tiago,

Actually, I also have the simillar issue right now. Were you able to solve the problem then? I'd appreciate if you could share the result or any workaround to deal with this issue.

Best regards,

Tsuyoshi

Hi Tsuyoshi,

Are those entities from an extension? We plan to improve Service Studio to allow those soon.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

PS: as a workaround you can try to copy that entity to your module, drag the new local entity to the flow, open the screens and drag the extension entity over the table and the form and then delete the local entity.

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Tsuyoshi,

Are those entities from an extension? We plan to improve Service Studio to allow those soon.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago, thanks for your comment.

Exactly. I got an error in the image when I tried to create screens from the entity in the extension. It's good to know the issue will be fixed soon in the future version. Also thanks for the workaround. Really appreciate it!

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Tsuyoshi,

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

PS: as a workaround you can try to copy that entity to your module, drag the new local entity to the flow, open the screens and drag the extension entity over the table and the form and then delete the local entity.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, but with mobile development environment. I am getting the error when I drag the entity from extension. I didn't understand the workaround you explained here. Please explain.

Ambika Nair wrote:

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Tsuyoshi,

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, but with mobile development environment. I am getting the error when I drag the entity from extension. I didn't understand the workaround you explained here. Please explain.

Hi Ambika, I solved it like the attached image with Tiago's advice. Hope it helps.

Tsuyoshi Kawarasaki wrote:

Ambika Nair wrote:

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Tsuyoshi,

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi,

Hi Ambika, I solved it like the attached image with Tiago's advice. Hope it helps.

Hi Tsuyoshi Kawarasaki,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have done as you mentioned till #3. I am not able to replace the data mapping with the original entity. I would be grateful if you could tell me how to do that.

Best Regards,

Ambika

Ambika Nair wrote:

Hi Tsuyoshi Kawarasaki,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have done as you mentioned till #3. I am not able to replace the data mapping with the original entity. I would be grateful if you could tell me how to do that.

Best Regards,

Ambika

Hi Ambika,

I think the data replacement should work just by drag and drop. Perhaps, it woud be good to check if the Service Studio and Platform versions are the latest. If they are the latest. are there any specific errors when you try to replace data?

Hi,

I tried in the same way, but it shows errors in events, aggregate functions as it uses the local entity which we dragged. 

Regards,

Ambika

Ambi wrote:

Hi,

I tried in the same way, but it shows errors in events, aggregate functions as it uses the local entity which we dragged. 

Regards,

Ambika

Got your point. In order to replace the data, you need to copy the entity to the node under 'Database' not 'Local Storage' (#1 in the above image).

Ambi wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Ambika

Got your point. In order to replace the data, you need to copy the entity to the node under 'Database' not 'Local Storage' (#1 in the above image).

I did the same as per the image provided above. Under Database node. Suppose my entity name is ”usermaster” and if I copy that under Database node, it will show as ”usermaster2”. Then I drag ”usermaster2” and drop onto scaffolding. After that I go to interface layout and drag-drop ”usermaster” on top of ”usermaster2” list on the screen. Then go to data tab and delete ”usermaster2” under Database node, right? Am I correct till this step? Pease guide..

Regards,

Ambika

Ambi wrote:

I did the same as per the image provided above. Under Database node. Suppose my entity name is ”usermaster” and if I copy that under Database node, it will show as ”usermaster2”. Then I drag ”usermaster2” and drop onto scaffolding. After that I go to interface layout and drag-drop ”usermaster” on top of ”usermaster2” list on the screen. Then go to data tab and delete ”usermaster2” under Database node, right? Am I correct till this step? Pease guide..

Regards,

Ambika

Yes, it appears the steps are good.

Ambi wrote:

Regards,

Ambika

Yes, it appears the steps are good.

Hi,

I am attaching the images to make you clear about the error I am getting. My Entity name is "CountryMaster". I have copied it under Database, which is called "CountryMaster2". In Interface I replaced "CountryMaster2" with "CountryMaster". I got 9 errors. Please check the attachment.

Hope to get a solution soon.

Best Regards,

Ambi

Hi Ambika,

In the attached document, the error screen clip clearly states that you are referring the CountryMaster2 Entity (which got deleted) as a source entity within, some of the DataSource defined under the respective screen scope.

DataSource Means ---> Either Screen Aggregate or Aggregate defined within the Data Action

Solution: 

1) Replace all the source entity referred within all the data source i.e. Aggregate under the screen scope, with the actual CountryMaster external Entity (Extension_Village > CountryMaster)

2) You will also have to replace all the (Local/input/output) variable data type which is referring the CountryMaster2 Entity as data type structure.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Ambi wrote:

Hi,

I am attaching the images to make you clear about the error I am getting. My Entity name is "CountryMaster". I have copied it under Database, which is called "CountryMaster2". In Interface I replaced "CountryMaster2" with "CountryMaster". I got 9 errors. Please check the attachment.

Best Regards,

Ambi

Agree with Benjith's reply.

"Replace the data" function is not always perfect. You need to modify configurations one by one to remove those errors.

Ambi wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,

Ambi

Agree with Benjith's reply.

"Replace the data" function is not always perfect. You need to modify configurations one by one to remove those errors.

Thank you Tsuyoshi & Benjith.

Reply by Tsuyoshi -->

This is what I wanted to know. This means just replacing data is not enough. We need to rectify the errors caused by replacing the data and deleting the entity.

Am I correct?

Best Regards,

Ambika

Ambi wrote:

Thank you Tsuyoshi & Benjith.

Reply by Tsuyoshi -->

This is what I wanted to know. This means just replacing data is not enough. We need to rectify the errors caused by replacing the data and deleting the entity.

Am I correct?

Best Regards,

Ambika

Ambika,

Absolutely right. Copying an external entity is just a workaround now, so we need to resolve errors if any manually. Even in the valid scenario of using Screen Template, it isrequired on a case-by-case basis.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Screen_Templates/Replace_the_sample_data_in_Screens_created_from_Screen_Templates#Manual_replacement_of_Sample_Data

Tsuyoshi